Season highlights: Sebastian Telfair
Inside theVille takes a look at Sebastian Telfair's 2002-03 season highlights for the Abraham Lincoln Railsplitters. With Telfair leading the way, the Railsplitters are favored to defend their 2001-02 PSAL City Championship and are averaging 103 points per game this season with Bassy at the controls.
Despite the high scoring average and large margin of victory's for the Railsplitters, Telfair seems to possess a killer instinct, "You play the same way whether it is against the top teams in the country or if you are winning by 30 points," Bassy told Kristi Ackert of the New York Daily News after Lincolns 102-73 victory over conference rival Grady earlier this season.
Lincoln, who recently won the Brooklyn Borough Championship with a 74-56 victory over Banneker, is 24-4 this season. The Railsplitters now look to defend their PSAL Championship. "We're in better position to win the championship this year than we were last year. We're hungrier than last year, but it's harder to defend [it] than to win the first time," Telfair told the Daily News following the win over Banneker.
"I have some God-given talent, but it's been hard work that's made me the player I am today. I can't just let time pass." said Telfair.
Here's a look at Sebastian Telfair's season highlights.
- Scored 26 points with 4 assists vs. Banneker in the Brooklyn Borough Chapionship
- Scored 36 points vs. Boy & Girls High School in an 86-72 victory in the semi finals of the Brooklyn Borough Championship
- Scored 36 points and nailed seven three pointers vs. Fort Hamilton in the quarterfinals of the Brooklyn Borough Championship
- Scored 26 points vs. national power St. Anthony (NJ) in the Prime Time Shootout in Trenton, NJ on February 7.
- Scored 29 points and dished for 14 assists vs. PSAL rival Grady with Director Spike Lee looking on from the stands on January 24.
- Scored 29 points vs. Patterson Catholic (NJ) and 6'11 Darryl Watkins in the Freedom Fighters Hoop Challenge on January 21.
- Scored18 of his 30 points in the first half vs. Demarcus Nelson and Vallejo (CA) in the Dream Classic in Los Angeles on January 6
- Scored 32 points vs. Grady on December 17.
- Scored 29 points and drained six three pointers vs. FDR on December 13.
- Scored 36 points, including six three pointers vs. New Utrect on December 11.
- Scored 41 points and handed out 8 assists vs. Telecommunications on December 6.
- Scored 25 points, dished out 14 assists and had 7 steals vs. Sheepshead Bay on December 4.
- Scored 28 points and drained six three pointers vs. James Madison on December 2.