#15/12 LSU vs. #22/21 West Virginia
Sept. 25, 2010 – Tiger Stadium (Baton Rouge, La.)
LSU Postgame Notes
1. LSU’s game captains were 30 Josh Jasper, 7 Patrick Peterson, 78 Joseph Barksdale and 92 Drake Nevis.
2. LSU won the toss and deferred to the second half. West Virginia received the opening kickoff.
3. LSU won its 17th straight game in the month of September. The Tigers are now 20-2 under Les Miles in September games.
4. By keeping West Virginia out of the endzone in the first quarter, LSU ran its streak of consecutive regular season games without allowing a first quarter touchdown to 12 straight games dating back to last year’s Mississippi State game.
5. LSU improved to 26-1 during Saturday night games in Tiger Stadium under Les Miles.
6. LSU blocked its first kick since last year’s Ole Miss game when Pep Levingston got his hand on a Tyler Bitzacurt attempt with 7:37 left in the first quarter.
7. LSU extended its nation-leading winning streak to 31 games over non-conference opponents in the regular season, and LSU also won its 29th-straight non-conference game in Tiger Stadium, dating back to 2000 when LSU lost to UAB, 13-10.
8. PK Josh Jasper booted a 49-yard field goal with 12:01 left in the second quarter and added a 23-yard FG with 14:56 left in the game.
a. Jasper is now 9-of-10 for the season and 28-of-32 for his career. He remains the LSU career leader in field goal percentage (.875). For his career, he is 6-of-8 from 40 yards or more. Beyond 50-yards, Jasper is 3-of-4.
b. With his two made field goals tonight, Jasper moved into sole possession of eighth place in LSU career field goals, eclipsing Chris Jackson (26; 2003-06).
c. With his two PATs tonight, Jasper improved to a perfect 50-of-50 for his career. The 50 consecutive PATs put him fourth in the LSU consecutive PATs record books, surpassing John Corbello’s 47 PATs (1999-2002).
9. DT Pep Levingston blocked his first career kick with 7:37 to go in the first quarter.
10. RB Stevan Ridley recorded his third rushing TD of the season and sixth of his career on a 1-yard run with 26 seconds remaining in the first quarter.
a. Ridley tallied a rushing TD for the third straight game, a first by a Tiger since Charles Scott did so in five straight games in 2008.
b. Ridley rushed for 116 yards on 20 carries, his second 100-yard rushing game of the season and his career. He rushed for 159 yards at Vanderbilt.
11. DB Tyrann Mathieu picked off his first career pass early in the second quarter. It was LSU’s six pick in the past two games.
12. CB Patrick Peterson returned a punt 60 yards for a touchdown with 9:39 left in the second quarter. It was second punt return for a TD this season. The other one was an 87-yarder against North Carolina in the season-opener.
a. Peterson became the first player in school history to return multiple punts for TDs in a season since Skyler Green had two punt return TDs in 2003.
13. LB Kelvin Sheppard tallied a game-high 11 tackles, including five solo tackles.