#12/10 LSU vs. Tennessee
Oct. 2, 2010 – Tiger Stadium (Baton Rouge, La.)
LSU Postgame Notes
1. LSU’s game captains were 30 Josh Jasper, 68 Josh Dworaczyk and 11 Kelvin Sheppard.
2. Tennessee won the toss and deferred to the second half. LSU received the opening kickoff.
3. LSU’s streak of consecutive regular season games without allowing a first quarter touchdown came to an end today with Tennessee’s
1-yard run with 0:24 left. It snapped a streak of 12 straight games dating back to last year’s Mississippi State game.
4. Jordan Jefferson’s 83-yard touchdown run with 14:43 on the clock in the first quarter represented the first time LSU scored on the
first play from scrimmage since Sept. 1, 2001 vs. Tulane. In that contest, LaBrandon Toefield had a 28-yard rushing TD following a
59-yard kick return from Domanick Davis to open the game.
5. Today’s attendance of 92,932 is the fifth largest crowd in Tiger Stadium history.
6. With its 16-14 come-from-behind win in the fourth quarter today against Tennessee, LSU has now won 14 games in the fourth quarter
or overtime in six seasons under Les Miles since 2005.
7. LSU running back Stevan Ridley ran for 123 yards and quarterback Jordan Jefferson ran for 100 yards to become the first duo to
rush for at least 100 yards in the same game since Alley Broussard ran for a school-record 250 yards and Joseph Addai ran for 107
yards against Ole Miss on Nov. 20, 2004.
8. Stevan Ridley’s game-winning touchdown with no time remaining on the clock marked the first time that LSU has won a game on the
final play since a 23-20 overtime win against Ole Miss on Nov. 18, 2006.
9. LSU’s 434 yards of total offense against Tennessee is a season-high for offensive output in a game.
10. PK Josh Jasper booted a 31-yard field goal with 14:50 left in the fourth quarter. He missed from 54 yards earlier in the game with
5:47 to go in the first quarter to finish 1-for-2 for the game.
a. Jasper is now 10-of-12 for the season and 29-of-34 for his career. He remains the LSU career leader in field goal percentage (.852). For his career, he is 6-of-9 from 40 yards or more. Beyond 50-yards, Jasper is 3-of-5.
b. Jasper is in sole possession of eighth place in LSU career field goals made with 29, which is four behind the 33 field goals made by both Mike Conway (1975-78) and Pedro Suarez (1990-92).
c. With one made PAT against Tennessee, Jasper improved to a perfect 51-of-51 for his career. The 51 consecutive PATs ranks fourth all-time in the LSU consecutive PATs record books.
11. QB Jordan Jefferson raced 83 yards for a touchdown on the first play from scrimmage. It was the longest rush by a quarterback in
school history, breaking the record of 76 yards previously held by Marcus Randall against Texas in the 2003 Cotton Bowl.
a. Jefferson recorded his second rushing TD of the season and fourth of his career.
b. The run was also the eighth-longest rushing TD in school history and the longest since Jacob Hester ran 87 yards for a score against Louisiana Tech in 2007.
12. TE Deangelo Peterson set a career-high with five catches today. Peterson’s previous high was two last year versus Alabama. Peterson
came into the game with one catch on the season after returning from injury last week.
13. RB Stevan Ridley went over the 100-yard mark for the second-straight game with 123 yards rushing today. It was his third 100-yard
game this season and third of his career.
a. Ridley became the first Tiger with back-to-back 100-yard rushing games since Charles Scott did so against Tulane (114 yds) and Georgia (144) in 2008.
14. LB Kelvin Sheppard finished with 10 total tackles in today’s game against Tennessee and has now finished with double-digit tackles
in two-straight games following his 11-tackle performance against West Virginia last week. He leads the LSU defense with 48 tackles
on the 2010 season.