#6 LSU vs. #5 Auburn
Oct. 23, 2010 - Jordan-Hare Stadium (Auburn, Ala.)
LSU Postgame Notes
1. LSU's game captains were 30 Josh Jasper, 80 Terrence Toliver, 11 Kelvin Sheppard, 7 Patrick Peterson, 53 T-Bob Hebert, 68 Josh Dworaczyk and 92 Drake Nevis.
2. LSU won the toss and deferred to the second half. Auburn received the opening kickoff.
3. Barkevious Mingo made his first career start today, earning the start at right defensive end. LSU has now used 14 first-time starters this season.
4. PK Josh Jasper made one field goals today: a 48-yarder with 1:47 to go in the first quarter.
a. Jasper is now 33-of-39 for his career and moved into a tie for sixth place in LSU career field goals made.
b. From 40 yards or more, Jasper is now 11-of-15 for his career.
c. For the season, Jasper improved to 14-of-17 on field goals.
d. Jasper remains the LSU leader in career field goal percentage having drilled 84.6 percent of his kicks. He is also second in SEC history in that category.
5. QB Jordan Jefferson recorded his fifth rushing touchdown of the season and seventh of his career on a 3-yard run with 0:15 left in the second quarter.
a. Jefferson's five rushing TDs are the most by an LSU quarterback in a season since 1998 when Herb Tyler had seven.
6. LB Ryan Baker forced a fumble with 8:04 left in the third quarter and it was recovered by CB Morris Claiborne. It was the first fumble Auburn lost since the South Carolina game in game 4.
a. Baker set a new career high with 12 tackles, including nine solo stops.
7. RB Spencer Ware fired his first career touchdown pass on a 39-yard completion to Rueben Randle. LSU scored on this play at Auburn in 2008 when Keiland Williams threw a 22-yard TD pass to Demetrius Byrd. Ware played QB in high school.
8. WR Rueben Randle's 39-yard TD reception was his second of the season and fourth of his career. He also set career highs in receptions (six) and yards (73).
9. P Derek Helton set a career best with a 53.2-yard average per punt as he blasted four punts at least 50 yards and placed four punts inside the Auburn 20-yard line.