Sorry for the late delivery this week, but better late than never, here's how I voted in this week's AP poll.
Not a lot of shuffling in the top 10 as those teams held serve for the most part.
Michigan State and Georgia were the big movers this week, and Texas A&M, USC and SMU jumped into my poll – the Aggies and Trojans making returns and the Mustangs for the first time.
Oct. 16 AP poll
1. LSU (7-0): Tigers shrugged off a sluggish start and notched what might've been their most impressive offensive game of the season with a methodical second-half ground assault.
2. Oklahoma (6-0): Sooners had a tussle on their hands with Kansas before pulling away. That was likely their letdown game after blasting Texas.
3. Alabama (7-0): Ole Miss punched the Crimson Tide in the mouth and Alabama responded by punching a lot more and a lot harder.
4. Wisconsin (6-0): Badgers keep rolling without much trouble. Big test this week in East Lansing, though.
5. Stanford (6-0): Cardinal's prolific offense has shown no signs of slowing down through six games, with 44 points or more in five of the wins.
6. Oklahoma State (6-0): Cowboys had a letdown by their standards, scoring only 38 points last week. Now they hit a tricky stretch with games against Missouri, Baylor and Kansas State.
7. Boise State (6-0): Kellen Moore just keeps putting up big numbers that very few people know about. Broncos could be headed toward another unbeaten season of frustration.
8. Clemson (7-0): Tigers had to show a little spit and vinegar to rally past and then outlast Maryland.
9. Oregon (5-1): The Ducks fared much better in their second game of the season against a ranked foe. But injuries are starting to be a problem.
10. Arkansas (5-1): Razorbacks are flying under the radar in the SEC West and have an offense capable of beating anybody.
11. West Virginia (5-1): Like Oregon, the Mountaineers have survived a loss to LSU by bouncing back with a vengeance with two lopsided wins.
12. Virginia Tech (6-1): Hokies have settled back in after losing to Clemson and could be rolling toward an ACC Championship Game rematch with the Tigers.
13. South Carolina (6-1): Gamecocks are reeling with the loss to Marcus Lattimore and have a week off to prepare for a three-game SEC stretch run.
14. Kansas State (6-0): Wildcats don't win pretty or big, they just win Five of their victories have come by seven points or fewer.
15. Michigan State (5-1): Spartans made a big statement by handing Michigan its first loss of the season last week. State can obliterate that by doing the same with Wisconsin this week.
16. Nebraska (5-1): Huskers should be well rested and confident coming off their bye and poised to make a run in the Big Ten Legends Division.
17. Michigan (6-1): Wolverines have some wounds to lick after losing to Michigan State, and a perfect opponent to heal up against this week in Purdue.
18. Georgia (5-2): Bad postgame behavior aside, the Bulldogs are playing their best football of the season – beating Vanderbilt this season is, in fact, a big deal.
19. Georgia Tech (6-1): The Yellow Jackets had flirted with disaster for a few weeks and finally found it against Virginia. Now a showdown with Virginia Tech in a few weeks is that much bigger.
20. Arizona State (5-2): Sun Devils had their chances against Oregon but didn't have the defensive chops to hold down an offense with a backup QB. ASU might get another shot at the Ducks if it can recover quickly.
21. Auburn (5-2): Tigers keep winning games when they're counted out against the East Division frontrunners. But this week is a whole different kettle of stew.
22. Texas A&M (4-2): Aggies surge back into the poll with their most impressive win of the season. Could they be a thorn in OU's side?
23. USC (5-1): Trojans turned in their most complete game this season to wallop Cal and now get a stern test in South Bend.
24. SMU (5-1): No letdown after beating TCU as the Ponies routed fellow C-USA perennial contender UCF. Three tough road games ahead, though, starting this week at Southern Miss.
25. Illinois (6-1): Had the Illini lost to Ohio State in most other seasons, it might not be that big a deal. This season? Huge disappointment.
Week 8: My AP Top 25 ballot
Tiger Blitz Top Stories
Poche spins a gem as LSU blanks Army 6-0Tigers stymie the Black Knights as Kramer Robertson's defense, clutch two-run 3B give Poche plenty of cushion
Tiger BlitzYesterday at 5:29 PM
LSU falls on the road to Alabama 90-72LSU dropped yet another SEC game on Saturday when the Tigers fell to Alabama 90-72 on the road.
Tiger BlitzYesterday at 1:40 PM
LSU gets 3 commitments at Boys from the BootEd Orgeron and LSU made waves when the Tigers picked up three commitments at the Boys from the Boot prospect day on Saturday.
Tiger BlitzYesterday at 12:06 PM
Boys from the Boot Running UpdatesLSU is hosting some of the top talent in Louisiana on Saturday. Follow along with Tiger Blitz for live updates on Boys from the Boot.
Tiger BlitzYesterday at 9:20 AM