LSU basketball enters season two under Johnny Jones Tuesday morning, when the Tigers travel to Amherst to take on the UMass Minutemen as part of ESPN's Tip-Off Classic.
Prepare yourself for the much-anticipated 2013-14 campaign with a bevy of preview materials from TSD publisher Ben Love.
Included below are feature stories, preseason updates, player profiles on all 11 eligible scholarship players, a review of LSU's exhibition win over Xavier (N.O.) and much more.
FREE BASKETBALL PREVIEW STORIES
Back with a Purpose (O'Bryant)
Sources: Jones may start three freshmen
LSU Media Day Coverage
Media Day Photo Gallery
HD VIDEO: Tim Quarterman
Hot on the Trail (recruiting)
Hornsby getting to work at LSU
Malone finding his way at LSU
PREMIUM BASKETBALL PREVIEW STORIES
Interview Tidbits: Mickey's defense is key
LSU beats Xavier (N.O.) in exhibition 80-45
Splitting the Minutes
Freshmen Updates: Martin and Quarterman
Player Profile: PG Anthony Hickey
Player Profile: F Johnny O'Bryant
Player Profile: F Shavon Coleman
Player Profile: G Andre Stringer
Player Profile: F Shane Hammink
Player Profile: F Jarell Martin
Player Profile: F/C Darcy Malone
Player Profile: G Malik Morgan
Player Profile: F Jordan Mickey
Player Profile: F/C John Odo
Player Profile: PG Tim Quarterman
Regular Season Record: 22-8, 12-6 in SEC
NCAA Bid, Seed: Yes, 8-seed
- Random Prediction 1: Jarell Martin will start this season almost exclusively on the perimeter, but the big freshman will be needed inside more and more as the season progresses. Couple that with the fact that he'll have to constantly move his feet to guard smaller, faster players (constantly leading to foul opportunities) on the wing, Martin will end 2013-14 as a guy playing a lot closer to the basket.
- Random Prediction 2: Jordan Mickey will finish the season second-team All-SEC for either the coaches, the AP or both in part by landing in the top three in the conference in blocked shots per game (averaging somewhere between 3.0 and 3.5 bpg).
- Random Prediction 3: Andre Stringer, currently eighth on the school's all-time list for three pointers made with 168, will skyrocket past a lot more names by season's end. He made 67 trifectas a year ago. Stringer will can more than 80 playing with this lineup in 2013-14.
Regular Season Record: 23-7, 12-6 in SEC
NCAA Bid, Seed: Yes, 6-seed
- Random Prediction 1: Jordan Mickey will mess around and get a triple-double this season. The pogo-stick freshman reminds me of Tyrus Thomas.
- Random Prediction 2: Despite the talk of Tim Quarterman as a starter, Anthony Hickey will get his act together and take over the position, which is what LSU needs to happen. Quarterman will still play a lot, but Hickey needs to be a leader on this team and be its starting point guard.
- Random Prediction 3: LSU will sell out a home basketball game this year, for the first time in a long while. I'm looking at the Kentucky game on Jan. 28.
2013-14 SEASON PREVIEW
Tiger Blitz Top Stories
5-star linebacker Dylan Moses visits LSUOne the final weekend for official visit for recruits before the dead period, five-star linebacker and Alabama commit Dylan Moses has made his way to Baton Rouge for an official…
Tiger BlitzYesterday at 6:46 PM
LSU recruiting notes from MS-AL All-Star GamePlenty of LSU targets and commits were in Montgomery for the Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Game that is set for Saturday. Here's what Tiger Blitz picked up while we were there for…
Tiger BlitzThursday at 11:05 AM
Join Tiger Blitz with our 4-for-1 deal!Join Tiger Blitz by taking advantage of our four months for the price of one deal. Get the latest on LSU's bowl preparations, Ed Orgeron and the staff on the recruiting trail, and…
Tiger BlitzThursday at 10:00 AM
Top schools in hot pursuit of LSU commit2017 Mobile (Ala.) Murphy defensive lineman Neil Farrell still has LSU No. 1, but he's planning officials and has other schools in hot pursuit of him. Is there a chance for a flip?
Tiger BlitzThursday at 9:30 AM