LSU basketball enters season two under Johnny Jones Tuesday morning, when the Tigers travel to Amherst to take on the UMass Minutemen as part of ESPN's Tip-Off Classic.
Prepare yourself for the much-anticipated 2013-14 campaign with a bevy of preview materials from TSD publisher Ben Love.
Included below are feature stories, preseason updates, player profiles on all 11 eligible scholarship players, a review of LSU's exhibition win over Xavier (N.O.) and much more.
FREE BASKETBALL PREVIEW STORIES
Back with a Purpose (O'Bryant)
Sources: Jones may start three freshmen
LSU Media Day Coverage
Media Day Photo Gallery
HD VIDEO: Tim Quarterman
Hot on the Trail (recruiting)
Hornsby getting to work at LSU
Malone finding his way at LSU
PREMIUM BASKETBALL PREVIEW STORIES
Interview Tidbits: Mickey's defense is key
LSU beats Xavier (N.O.) in exhibition 80-45
Splitting the Minutes
Freshmen Updates: Martin and Quarterman
Player Profile: PG Anthony Hickey
Player Profile: F Johnny O'Bryant
Player Profile: F Shavon Coleman
Player Profile: G Andre Stringer
Player Profile: F Shane Hammink
Player Profile: F Jarell Martin
Player Profile: F/C Darcy Malone
Player Profile: G Malik Morgan
Player Profile: F Jordan Mickey
Player Profile: F/C John Odo
Player Profile: PG Tim Quarterman
Regular Season Record: 22-8, 12-6 in SEC
NCAA Bid, Seed: Yes, 8-seed
- Random Prediction 1: Jarell Martin will start this season almost exclusively on the perimeter, but the big freshman will be needed inside more and more as the season progresses. Couple that with the fact that he'll have to constantly move his feet to guard smaller, faster players (constantly leading to foul opportunities) on the wing, Martin will end 2013-14 as a guy playing a lot closer to the basket.
- Random Prediction 2: Jordan Mickey will finish the season second-team All-SEC for either the coaches, the AP or both in part by landing in the top three in the conference in blocked shots per game (averaging somewhere between 3.0 and 3.5 bpg).
- Random Prediction 3: Andre Stringer, currently eighth on the school's all-time list for three pointers made with 168, will skyrocket past a lot more names by season's end. He made 67 trifectas a year ago. Stringer will can more than 80 playing with this lineup in 2013-14.
Regular Season Record: 23-7, 12-6 in SEC
NCAA Bid, Seed: Yes, 6-seed
- Random Prediction 1: Jordan Mickey will mess around and get a triple-double this season. The pogo-stick freshman reminds me of Tyrus Thomas.
- Random Prediction 2: Despite the talk of Tim Quarterman as a starter, Anthony Hickey will get his act together and take over the position, which is what LSU needs to happen. Quarterman will still play a lot, but Hickey needs to be a leader on this team and be its starting point guard.
- Random Prediction 3: LSU will sell out a home basketball game this year, for the first time in a long while. I'm looking at the Kentucky game on Jan. 28.
2013-14 SEASON PREVIEW
Tiger Blitz Top Stories
Poche shines, offense explodes in LSU winLed by Antoine Duplantis and Jake Slaughter, the Tigers pound out 18 hits to leave Terps in the dust
Tiger Blitz5:28 PM
LSU beats Maryland 6-1 as bats come aliveWith a season-high 12 strikeouts, Alex Lange held Maryland to one run in his six innings to earn the win as the Tigers put up three runs in the 3rd before tacking three more on in…
Tiger BlitzYesterday at 8:21 PM
Jordan, Breaux remain locked in battle for LFLSU Baseball is still trying to find the answer at left field and Paul Mainieri said on Thursday that Brennan Breaux and Beau Jordan are vying for the spot.
Tiger BlitzYesterday at 3:00 PM
Kenan Jones decommits from LSULSU lost one of its 2018 commitments on Friday when Berwick (La.) wide receiver Kenan Jones decommitted.
Tiger BlitzYesterday at 10:29 AM
ON DECK | Maryland at LSUTigers enterain Big Ten favorite Maryland in a weekend showdown
Tiger BlitzYesterday at 6:24 AM