LSU will issue refunds for tickets purchased through the athletic department to Saturday's game against McNeese State that was canceled by weather.
It was the first time since 1918 that an LSU football game was completely canceled. Play was halted less than five minutes into the first quarter when lightning struck within a six-mile radius of Tiger Stadium. That persisted until approximately 10:35 p.m., when LSU announced it decided to cancel the game.
“Since this is a nearly unprecedented situation, we have had to thoroughly explore our options in addressing the matter of ticket refunds,” LSU athletic direcotr Joe Alleva said in a press release. “In the end, we believe that issuing the refund is quite simply the right thing to do in this case. We have a plan in place that fairly reimburses fans who purchased tickets through our ticket office.”
That plan is laid out below:
- All fans who purchased a ticket for the LSU-McNeese State football game through the LSU Athletic Ticket Office will receive a full refund of the single-game ticket price.
- The refund will apply to: All LSU football season ticket-holders, including student season-ticket holders; All ticket-holders who purchased a single-game ticket, a group ticket, or a ticket as part of a package through the LSU Athletic Ticket Office, LSUtix.net or the LSU Ticket Marketplace site
- The prices for the game, depending upon seat location, were $35 and $25 for season ticket holders and $11 and $4 for LSU students. Prices varied for tickets purchased at the single game, group and package rates.
- Fans who purchased tickets using a credit card will have the refund issued to the credit card account by Sept. 30. Fans who purchased by any other payments will receive a refund check in the mail by Oct. 15 with the exception of individual game cash purchasers, who will have until 5 p.m. on September 30 to contact the ticket office about refund information. The ticket office phone number is (225) 578-2184.
- Fans who purchased tickets from McNeese Athletics will need to contact the McNeese Athletics Department directly for details.
- Finally, fans who purchased tickets through non-authorized third parties will need to contact those sources for questions about refunds.