SERIES REWIND | Auburn at LSU
W – Alex Lange (6-5)
L – Andrew Mitchell (5-3)
GW RBI – Greg Deichmann (1st-inning 1B)
- Alex Lange 9 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 9 SO/0 BB
- Antoine Duplantis 2-for-4, R, RBI, 2B
- Nick Coomes 2-for-3
W – Zack Hess (6-1)
L – Keegan Thompson (5-3)
Sv. – Hunter Newman (8)
GW RBI – Mike Papierski (7th-inning 2-run HR)
- Zach Watson 3-for-3, R, 2 RBIs, HR (3)
- Mike Papierski 1-for-2, 2 R, 2 RBIs, HR (5)
- Jared Poche 6.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R (1 ER), 3 SO/1 BB
- Hunter Newman 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 SO/0 BB
W – Eric Walker (6-1)
L – Casey Mize (6-2)
GW RBI – Beau Jordan (3rd-inning 1B)
- Eric Walker 8 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 SO/3 BB
- Mike Papierski 1-for-1, R, 3 RBIs, HR (6), RBI sacrifice bunt, BB
- Beau Jordan 2-for-3, 2 R, 2 RBIs
- Zach Watson 3-for-4, R
- Josh Smith 2-for-3, 3 R, 2B, BB
- Kramer Robertson 2 RBIs, R
RECORDS: LSU 35-17, 18-9 SEC (1st place SEC West; 2nd place overall); Auburn 32-21, 14-13 (5th place West; 9th overall)
STARS OF THE WEEKEND
Zach Watson 6-for-11, 2 R, HR, 2 RBIs
Josh Smith 3-for-8, 4 R, 2B, RBI
Beau Jordan 3-for-10, 3 R, 3 RBIs
Mike Papierski 2-for-5, 3 R, 2 HR, 5 RBIs, 3 BB, 2 sacrifice bunts
“II doesn’t get any easier now. This is the time of the year that separates the men from the boys. You can’t be afraid this time of year. You have to embrace the challenge.”
CRUNCHING THE NUMBERS
- LSU’s pitching staff allowed 2 earned runs (4 total) in 27 innings pitched and limited Auburn hitters to a .170 team batting average. The three starters combined for 23.2 innings with 12 hits and the two earned runs.
- The Tigers committed only one error in 112 chances.
- Besides collecting 23 hits, LSU also drew 12 walks, three batters reached when they were hit and two others on errors.
- Although three two-run home runs provided the highlights, LSU also had six RBIs with productive outs in the series (3 sacrifice flies, two RBI ground balls, one squeeze bunt).
- After going 0-for-4 in the series opener, Watson collected six hits in his next seven at-bats.
Northwestern State at LSU | 6:30 p.m. Tuesday