Oct. 21, 2006
1. Tonight's game was delayed four minutes due to weather. The original kickoff time of 8:12 p.m. CDT was moved back to 8:16 p.m. CDT.
3. LSU won the toss and deferred to
the second half.
a. LSU has won the toss in all eight games this season.
5. With Trindon Holliday's 38-yard
run on the first possession for the Tigers, LSU has now scored on its first
possession in seven of the eight games this season. The loss at
6. With Craig Davis' punt return in the first quarter, LSU has now returned a punt for a TD in six straight seasons. The last year the Tigers failed to return a punt for a score was 2001.
7. LSU has recorded at least one
sack in 14 straight games after a first quarter sack by Ali Highsmith in
tonight's game. The last time LSU's defense did not record a sack was against
8. LSU has outscored its opponents
101-7 in the first quarter this season.
9. LSU has outscored its opponents 94-0 in the first quarter of home games this season.
10. LSU has outscored its opponents 160-9 in the first half at home this season, including the 17-3 score tonight.
11. LSU failed to record at least
one interception tonight, snapping a streak of eight straight games of at least
one pick. The last time the Tigers failed to intercept a pass was against
12. The Tigers have outscored their opponents in home games this season by a margin of 274-36.
13. LSU upped its non-conference home winning streak to 18 straight games, and the Tigers have won 16 of their last 17 non-conference games overall.
14. Defensively, the Tigers have allowed only two touchdowns in 24 quarters in Tiger Stadium this season.
15. Trindon Holliday scored the first touchdown of his career on a 38-yard run with 10:52 left in the first quarter.
16. With four PATs tonight, PK Colt David has extended his consecutive successful PAT streak to 66 straight. The streak puts him into third place in school history.
a. David kicked a 44-yard FG with 2:21 left in the second quarter. The FG is his eighth of his career and fourth of the season. He improved to 3-5 in kicks from 40 or more yards with the successful 44-yarder tonight.
17. WR/PR Craig Davis returned a
18. WR Dwayne Bowe pulled in a 16-yard reception in the first quarter to extend his consecutive games with a reception streak to 20 straight games.
a. Bowe's 58-yard touchdown reception with 13:13 left in the fourth quarter tied the senior for LSU's career receiving touchdown record with 21. He tied Michael Clayton. The TD reception was Bowe's seventh of the season.
b. Bowe became the sixth player in LSU history to collect at least 2,000 career receiving yards with his 58-yard catch in the fourth quarter. He finished the game with 106 yards, which is 2,033 in his career. He sits sixth on LSU's career receiving yards list.
c. Bowe recorded the fourth 100-yard receiving game of his career and the second of the season with 106 yards on four catches.
19. With a tackle in the first quarter, FS LaRon Landry extended his tackles in consecutive games streak. The senior has now made a tackle in 47 straight games.
20. WR Craig Davis pulled in a 8-yard reception in the third quarter to extend his consecutive games with a reception streak to 31 (every game in which he has played).
21. RB Alley Broussard scored the 18th rushing touchdown of his career and the fourth of the season on a 21-yard run with 5:40 left in the third quarter.
22. QB JaMarcus Russell tossed the 38th and 39th touchdown passes of his career and 14th and 15th of the season with a 58-yard hook-up with Dwayne Bowe and a 30-yard strike to Craig Davis in the fourth quarter.
23. S Craig Steltz, making the fourth start of his career, recorded a career-high 11 tackles in tonight's game.
24. LB Darry Beckwith tallied a career-high 11 tackles, eclipsing his previous best of nine.