Nov. 17, 2007 – Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (
2. LSU won the toss and deferred to the second half. The Tigers kicked to open the game. LSU received the second half kickoff.
3. Tigers extending their consecutive starts streak today were: CB Chevis Jackson (37), LB Ali Highsmith (25), LT Ciron
4. First-time starters for LSU in today's game: FB Shawn Jordan.
5. LSU's 98-yard scoring drive to open the game is its longest of the season.
6. LSU has scored on its first possession of the second half in nine of 11 games this season. Five of those nine scores have been touchdowns.
7. With a successful fourth down conversion in the first possession of the second half, LSU improved to nine of 11 on fourth-down conversions this season.
8. LSU extended its November winning streak to 18 games with the victory. The Tigers have not lost in the month of November since losing to
9. With the win over Ole Miss today, LSU has clinched the SEC Western Division title outright for the first time in school history.
10. Tonight's win also ... gives LSU 10 wins in three straight seasons, a first in school history ... gives LSU six wins in the SEC for the fifth consecutive season, also a first in school history.
11. LSU improved to 14-2 in games played as the No. 1 ranked team.
1. QB Matt Flynn scored his third rushing touchdown of the season, and the fourth of his career, on a five-yard run with 7:37 to go in the first quarter.
a. Flynn's three rushing touchdowns this year are the most by a quarterback in a season since Marcus Randall also had three in 2004.
2. With first quarter tackles, LB Ali Highsmith extended his streak to 37 straight games with a tackle and S Craig Steltz extended his streak to 21 straight games. With tackles in the second quarter, cornerbacks Chevis Jackson and Jonathan Zenon extended their streaks to 21 consecutive games, while DT Glenn Dorsey extended his streak to 27 straight games with a tackle in the third quarter.
3. PK Colt David's five extra points kicked in today's game extended his consecutive PAT streak to 62, the fourth longest streak in LSU history.
a. David's 53 PATs this season sets a single season school record. The total betters his own record of 50 set last year.
b. With successful field goal attempts of 48 and 43 yards today, David moved into sole possession of the Tigers' single season records for field goals made (21) and field goals attempted (26). David has now made 11 straight field goal attempts, dating back to the
c. David's 11 points today give the senior kicker 122 points this season, a total that sets the single season scoring record. LaBrandon Toefield held the previous record of 114 points set during the 2001 season.
4. LB Jacob Cutrera's forced fumble with 5:32 in the first quarter was the first of his career.
5. RB Tridon Holliday returned a kickoff 98 yards for a score with 3:04 to go in the first quarter. The KO return for a TD is the second of his career (last Arkansas 2006) and ties as the fifth longest in school history, matching the distance of Jerry Stovall's return against Georgia Tech on Oct. 6, 1962.
a. Holliday becomes the first player in school history to return more than one kickoff for a touchdown during his career.
7. With two interceptions today, S Craig Steltz now has six picks for the season and 11 for his career. The multiple pick game is his second of the season and second of his career as he picked off three passes in the Tigers' season-opening win over
8. RB Keiland Williams scored his sixth rushing touchdown of the season, and the 11th of his career, on a 10-yard run early in the third quarter.
9. RB Jacob Hester scored his ninth rushing touchdown of the season, and the 17th of his career, on a two-yard run in the fourth quarter.
11. RB Charles Scott scored his fifth rushing touchdown of the season, and the 10th of his career, on a 29-yard run late in the fourth quarter.
12. S Curtis Taylor intercepted his second pass of the season and career with under a minute to go in the game.