- Danny O'Brien, Taylor Watson, Will Yeatman, and Nick Ferrara were NOT included among players listed as out for the game against West Virginia.
- Watson practiced yesterday, and Friedgen said he looked good. They're still not sure if he can play Saturday, though.
- Yeatman looks rusty, and Friedgen seemed to think the best case scenario for him on Saturday was as a blocking tight end.
- Friedgen says the kicking situation seems to change daily, but for now Baltz has the starting placekicking job.
- Marcus Whitfield has torn his ACL and MCL, and looks to be out for the season. Friedgen spoke of both Whitfield and CJ Brown getting seriously injured on their first play of their collegiate careers, and he said he hoped both of them would be able to receive medical redshirts.
- Previously, it looked like Brown was out for only two months. With Friedgen talking about a medical redshirt for him, however, it might be more serious.
- Friedgen said that the players to look out for on West Virginia are Noel Devine, Tavon Austin, and Jock Sanders. He also said Geno Brown is an even better passer than Pat White.
- Friedgen said a lot of the personal foul penalties against Morgan State were retaliatory, and that "the second guy always gets called". However, he still reprimanded the team for the penalties, especially those ons special teams.
- Pass protection is still what is holding D.J. Adams back from significant playing time. Friedgen said he might see a lot of work against West Virginia, but that it depends on how the game plays out.
Friedgen Press Conference Notes - 09/14/2010
TerrapinTimes Top Stories
Melo Making the Most of His ReturnCOLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Melo Trimble said he was having fun this season. And that was maybe the best news for Maryland basketball fans that could have come out of the Terrapins’…
TerrapinTimesYesterday at 1:54 PM
Terps Turned Corner & Want to Keep RollingCOLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Notes from the Oct. 25 Maryland press conference ahead of the Terps-Indiana game Oct. 29, plus UMD quarterback Perry Hills talks about his return to action in…
TerrapinTimesYesterday at 11:50 AM
Turgeon Gives State Of Terps AddressCOLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Maryland coach Mark Turgeon addressed the media at Media Day Oct. 25.
TerrapinTimesYesterday at 10:52 AM