2. Nigel Malone -- Kansas State. At 5-foot-10 and 185 pounds, Malone was a Junior College transfer before last season and it didn't take him long to make a major impact for the Wildcats. He finished the year with 58 tackles and seven picks and emerged as one of the premier defensive backs in the pass-happy Big 12.
3. Kyle Fuller -- Virginia Tech. At 6-feet and 190 pounds, Fuller was a second team All-ACC pick a season ago. He picked off two passes and finished with 65 tackles. He's very physical and may end up playing safety in the NFL. He's the best defensive back for a very good Hokie defense.
4. Xavier Rhodes -- Florida State. At 6-foot-1 and 210 pounds, Rhodes is one of the most physical cornerbacks around. He matches up very well against the bigger receivers around the conference and has a lot of ability as a cover man, too. He finished last season with 43 tackles and one interception and helps form a very good duo at FSU.
5. Kayvon Webster -- South Florida. A one-time Hurricane commitment from Pace High in Miami, Webster has developed into one of USF's best players. At 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds, Webster finished last season with 49 tackles and two picks to go with seven pass breakups. He's tough to throw against on a very solid defense.
6. Greg Reid -- Florida State. At 5-foot-8 and 175 pounds, Reid lacks ideal size for a major college corberback but he has tremendous ability. He's a big play waiting to happen. He's the best return specialist in the conference and has really turned the corner in the secondary. He's a premier player.