* The depth chart wasn't meant to send any messages. "I'm not one of those ploy guys. We're settling in. If guys don't make a move by Saturday, it's over. We coach the guys who are here every day and that's who we'll play with."
* Dequan Ivery needs to perform better. "Ivery needs to be consistent. He's a strong kid, and just has to get his weight down and his conditioning up."
* "This team is so much more mature football-wise," Golden said compared to last year's group.
* Linebackers are banged up but a few are coming back. "Thurston's back, Eddie's back. Gionni will go. Kirby got banged up in the scrimmage" and didn't practice today.
* Jimmy Gaines is valuable because he can play a few different spots.
* Regarding the reaction to certain players scoring touchdowns on Sunday, Golden explained why that's a bit skewed. "They did a goal line drill where they put the ball on the 2-yard line for 10 plays. They scored on four of them. If you're not scoring, there's a problem."
* Kelvin Cain hasn't practiced in over a week and that's a reason why he wasn't listed on the depth chart.
" Gabe Terry is doing well. "Gabe Terry's gonna be a football player. He doesn't know if the ball is stuffed or pumped but he plays with energy, and is relentless in pursuit. He just needs to learn the defense. We'll find ways to get him in."
* Jake Wieclaw is having a tremendous camp. "Jake is stronger, better conditioned, and has more confidence."
* Robert Lockhart is still doing well, despite not catching a ball on Sunday. "He's gotta pick up the offense better. He's gonna be a good player but everyone learns at different speeds."
* Seantrel Henderson hasn't practiced yet and is going out of town for another funeral. The team is going with Ereck Flowers and Jermaine Johnson at right tackle and they have Golden very pleased. "Flowers is playing so well right now that he's beating out Jermaine Johnson, who's having a great camp."