* Ten of the 11 offensive starters on the first depth chart released on August 2 are still listed as starters (or co-starters). The only one who dropped off is right tackle Seantrel Henderson, who hasn't participated in a full practice yet and has been out of town on two separate occasions. True freshman Ereck Flowers has taken over there and will likely be the team's starting right tackle to start the season.
* Eight of the 11 defensive starters on the first depth chart are still tops at their respective positions. The three who have seen demotions are defensive tackle Curtis Porter, who's no longer even listed at all; Darius Smith, who has seemingly lost his starting spot to Luther Robinson; and Jimmy Gaines, who has battled injuries throughout fall camp and is now listed as the backup in the middle.
* Nine players moved up from the previous depth chart release -- running back Duke Johnson (4th to 2nd), wide receiver Phillip Dorsett (2nd to co-1st), wide receiver Kendal Thompkins (2nd to co-1st), tight end Dyron Dye (4th to 3rd), defensive end Kalvin Cain (not listed to co-2nd), defensive tackle Luther Robinson (3rd to 1st), defensive tackle Earl Moore (not listed to 2nd) outside linebacker Eddie Johnson (not listed to co-1st), and free safety Deon Bush (2nd to co-1st).
* Five players moved down from the previous depth chart release -- running back Dallas Crawford (3rd to 4th), tight end David Perry (3rd to 4th), defensive end Jake O'Donnell (co-2nd to not listed), defensive tackle Jalen Grimble (co-3rd to not listed), and defensive tackle Dequan Ivery (2nd to 3rd).
* Only four of the eight redshirt freshmen on the roster are currently listed somewhere on the depth chart -- Crawford, Johnson, Thurston Armbrister, and Matt Goudis. The four unlisted are offensive lineman Hunter Wells, offensive lineman Junior Alexis, defensive tackle Corey King, and defensive end Rico Williams. Interestingly, three of those four didn't receive scholarships from Miami until very late in the process before last season started.
* Many people often ask about the progress of the true freshman. Here is a breakdown of where they're at on the latest release:
QB: Gray Crow, Preston Dewey, and David Thompson (injured) are not listed.
RB: Johnson is listed; Danny Dillard is not
WR: Lewis and Waters are listed; Robert Lockhart, D'Mauri Jones, and Jontavious Carter are not
OL: Flowers and Isidora are listed; Taylor Gadbois is not
DE: Jelani Hamilton and Tyriq McCord are listed; O'Donnell and Dwayne Hoilett are not
DT: Moore and Ivery are listed; Jacoby Briscoe is not
LB: Terry is listed; Jawand Blue and Raphael Kirby (injured) are not
CB: Tracy Howard and Antonio Crawford are listed; Vernon Davis, Larry Hope and Nate Dortch are not
S: Bush and Rayshawn Jenkins are listed
* Only five non-freshmen were left off the depth chart completely -- tight end Corey White (injured), Henderson (not yet cleared), Porter, Grimble, and safety Andreu Swasey.