* The key to slowing down Georgia Tech will be Miami's defensive players knowing and doing their assignments. "They run it as well as anyone," he said about Ga Tech's triple option offense.
* Seantrel Henderson played 52 snaps against Bethune and played both left and right tackle. "That was one of the best grades in his career." He is not in the starting five yet but is right there and will be available to play both spots again this weekend.
* "It's beyond unbelievable," he said when asked about using 12 different starting lineups (on defense) in his 16 games because of the youth and inexperience on defense.
* "He's 312. He's finishing better and is better conditioned. He had a great block on the screen. We got on guys for (lack of) effort and he wasn't one of them." -- on Jonathan Feliciano.
* Long snapper Sean McNally is out for the season. His replacement is Paul Kelly. "He came in and did a great job. He's waited his whole life for that opportunity and he came in ready to go."
* "He was out here jogging today. He's getting closer but he won't be ready for Saturday. Hurns was out running around. Telemaque was somewhere between Allen and Kirby."
* "We need linebackers badly -- not only on this team but with this recruiting class."
* "I don't know," he said about Curtis Porter's status. "When the medical people clear him I will let you guys know."