* Jake Wieclaw's had a productive week so far and the coaches are not concerned about his struggles recently. "Jake's doing good. I trust Jake. He's missed a couple but I know he's due for a big game."
* The Hurricanes have been playing 58 or 59 players recently in games played in the heat. Playing in cold weather could mean playing a few less guys but it's not for sure. "I don't know if it'll change anything. We wanna play a lot of guys. We don't have a lot of dominant players right now. Hopefully that day will come. We've been playing 58, 59 guys. We have Denzel and Kirby back. We'll keep rotating them."
* Freshman receiver Robert Lockhart is close to adding his name to the rotation. "Lockhart is getting closer. We expect Lockhart to be ready in the next couple weeks. At receiver, we lost Malcolm and Herb stepped up. Now we need Lockhart to do it."
* Malcolm Lewis is in good spirits and was set to return to school today. "Malcolm's doing good. Hopefully he'll be back on campus today. What a positive kid. He'll be back."
* Denzel Perryman will start at mike linebacker and is close to being fully healthy. "Denzel is doing good. I expect him to be close to 100 percent."
* Senior safety Vaughn Telemaque has not yet returned to the starting lineup after being injured a few weeks ago but he's close. "He's doing better. Kacy didn't have a lot of ME's (mental errors) last week, played one of his best games. These guys need to separate themselves and some of these guys will have the chance to do that vthis week."