* The suspended players -- Eddie Johnson, Rashawn Scott, Corey King, and Gabe Terry -- were not at practice today and none were listed on this week's depth chart. "Indefinitely," is the term Al Golden used when asked how long they'll be out.
* It appears as though Denzel Perryman will return to action this week. He played just six snaps against Virginia Tech and none against Virginia so getting him back will be really big for this defense. He's currently listed as the co-starter with Paul at will linebacker. If Perryman practices most of the week, expect him to be the starter.
* Deon Bush was at practice today. "He looks ready, was out here running," Golden said. "But the doctors still have to give him the OK. We're keeping his conditioning on track so that if he's given the OK he'll be ready." In the meantime, A.J. Highsmith and Kacy Rodgers remain the two starting safeties.
* Walkon receiver Garrett Kidd is listed as a backup at one of the wide receiver spots. That's because Scott is suspended, freshman Robert Lockhart is still injured, and they're not wanting to burn the redshirts of Jontavious Carter and D'Mauri Jones.
* Golden says he continues telling the team that this is a long term commitment. They have to continue buying in and believing that it will one day all come together. He points to the UVa game coming down to not being able to make a stop on the final drive. "We had no seniors on the field. They understand that. A lot of guys did a nice job."
* When asked about how he helps use players to hold other players accountable for their actions, Golden said they have a unity counsel. "It's 4-5 kids in each class that we see as leaders," he said, noting that those players can have a say on certain player suspensions, and have in the past.