- Freshman guard Rodney Purvis returned the starting lineup versus Cleveland State. Purvis has now started six of the Pack's eight contests this season. He didn't start at Michigan (L, 72-79) or against Connecticut (W, 69-65) at the Jimmy V Classic.
A return to the starting line up also meant a return to double figure scoring for Purvis, who had 11. He has scored in double digits four times this year.
- With a 3-pointer at 10:59, junior C.J. Leslie reached double figures in the first half for the first time this season. It is also the first three-pointer he has made this season. Leslie is 1-for-2 in on 3s this season. With 19 points, Leslie has scored in double figures in the Pack's last four games.
- For the the third time this season, freshman T.J. Warren has scored double figures by halftime. Saturday against Cleveland State, Warren had 11. His previous double-digit first half performances were 13 versus Massachusetts and 12 against Penn State. He finished with a career-high 22 against the Nittany Lions and had a total of 21 versus UMass. He finished with 16 points versus the Vikings on Saturday.
- Senior Richard Howell recorded his fourth double-double o f the season and the 17th of his career with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
- For the sixth time this season, the Pack has had at least four players score in double figures. NC State is 5-1 in those contests.