* Kamalu is the only one of the six who has joined Miami's commitment list so far. I've heard positive things on all the others but they're still unsure since they're still taking visits. Collins will see Arkansas this weekend before making a final decision. Kirkland will likely see Arkansas as well before making a final decision. The connection there is Randy Shannon being good friends with Kirkland's high school coach (Tim Harris). Denver will likely choose between Miami and Florida State. Brooks remains committed to Baylor, and it'll be interesting to see how hard UM pushes for him over the next few weeks since they've landed Kamalu (another Juco DT prospect). Bryant will visit South Carolina this weekend before making a decision -- likely between UM and FSU. Bostwick has one last visit -- to Florida -- before choosing between the Canes, Gators, and Alabama.
* 5-star RB Derrick Green plans to announce his decision this coming Saturday. Since he didn't take his visit here, that likely means Miami is out. He is expected to pick Michigan anyway, but it appears the remaining targets after Collins for Miami now are two players who are scheduled for Feb 1 -- Peyton Barber and Gus Edwards.
* 4-star WR Stacy Coley visited Florida State over the weekend but did not commit to the Noles. The one thing helping Miami here is that his main recruiter at FSU all along, Eddie Gran, left recently. The Noles are still the team to beat but he will visit Ole Miss this weekend, and Miami's coaches still have a couple weeks to turn him -- like they did with Tracy Howard over the final few weeks of last January.
* TE Standish Dobard says he's left New Orleans and is ready to enroll at Miami later this week. That's a huge early addition, as the 4-star will now go through spring football with the Hurricanes. I'm still waiting for confirmation on Juco transfer Beau Sandland, who was set to enroll early but hadn't as of yesterday.
* 5-star LB Matthew Thomas had set a visit to Miami at one point last week for this past weekend but he changed his mind and decided to visit USC instead. My USC sources are saying that the Trojans don't feel real confident about getting him out of the South. That leads me to believe they're on the verge of being out. I keep hearing that Alabama, not Florida State, is Miami's top competition. Thomas will take an important visit to Florida State this weekend. He will likely see Miami during the week or on the final weekend on Feb 1.
* DB Rashard Robinson continues to consider Miami. The LSU commitment visited here last month and most felt the Canes were a longshot. However, Miami has continued recruiting him hard and is definitely still in position. If NSD were tomorrow, he'd likely pick the Tigers. However, the UM coaches still have a few weeks to turn the ultra-talented cornerback prospect.