* Jeff Farrar was offered by the Hurricanes back in May. We spoke to him earlier this week and he says he plans to visit here later in the year. At 6-foot-1 and 190 pounds, he's a 3-star WR prospect from the state of California. He's already visited a few schools on the West Coast, and it'll be hard to tell how serious he is about Miami until he takes a visit here. He's definitely on the radar though, and he has some family connections to UM. He's someone to keep an eye on from the state of California.
* Cory Thomas is one of the top overall prospects in the state of Alabama. At 6-foot-4 and 270 pounds, Thomas landed an offer from the Hurricanes back in May. The talented defensive lineman told us earlier this week that he plans to visit here later in the year. He's always had some interest in the Canes and UM is one of his top six choices right now. The interesting part is that neither Alabama nor Auburn are on his short list at this time. That could change, especially if they get more serious about him. He is still waiting on scholarship offers from both of those schools. It seems odd that UM would recruit a DL so hard from Alabama when the in-state schools there don't seem overly interested. Time will tell but he's definitely someone to watch for right now.
* The Hurricanes already have three linebacker commitments but it seems like they're still in the mix with several others from around the nation. One out of state player to keep a close eye on is Virginia's Raymon Minor. At 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, Minor was offered by the Hurricanes back in the spring. He's already visited the local schools like UVA and Virginia Tech and told Scout earlier this week that he plans to definitely visit Miami, Wisconsin, and Ohio State for official visits later in the year. The Canes seem to be in his top five at the moment. We'll all learn a lot more about how serious he is about Miami after he visits here later in the year but he's definitely someone to keep a close eye on right now.
* Stephen Roberts has been committed to Alabama for awhile but that hasn't stopped Miami from recruiting him. At 6-feet and 185 pounds, Roberts is a 4-star cornerback from the state of Alabama. He told Scout yesterday that he plans to visit here this weekend. Considering he's coming on his own dime, even while committed, it seems like Roberts has some serious interest in the Hurricanes. Even with a successful visit, NSD is a long time away and the Canes would be facing an uphill battle all year against the Crimson Tide. However, it's encouraging that they're this much in the mix for an elite DB prospect in Alabama's backyard.
* Speaking of defensive backs, one player to keep an eye on is California's Jojo McIntosh. At 6-feet and 185 pounds, McIntosh is a close friend and teammate of current QB commit Brad Kaaya. He came down here with Kaaya for UM's camp last month and impressed the coaches enough to the point where he now says he believes an offer could be right around the corner. If that happens, the Canes would likely get a visit. UCLA, a local school who offered recently, could be the top competition as of now.
* Jonathan Hilliman is one of the top running back prospects in the state of New Jersey this year and Miami is now recruiting him pretty hard, he says. He said yesterday that he plans to visit Rutgers next week, Michigan a few days later, and then Miami in mid August just before he goes back to school. At 6--foot-1 and 235 pounds, he's a big back similar to Gus Edwards. Hilliman has Miami in his top six right now, and is a new RB to keep an eye on.