* With the Harris commitment, the Canes now have three defensive ends committed. They have several more offers out but the most likely appears to be Rohan Blackwood. At 6-foot-5 and 210 pounds, Blackwood is a 3-star DE prospect from the North Tampa area. He grew up a basketball player and is a high upside kid, in the same mold as current commit Demetrius Jackson. If the Canes try signing a 4th defensive end in this class, Blackwood seems like the most likely option at this point.
* Dalvin Cook is committed to Florida, but continues getting actively recruited by the Hurricanes. At 5-foot-10 and 195 pounds, Cook's an elite level RB prospect from Miami Central HS. He told Scout today that he's been recruiting for Florida, so it appears as though Miami will have its hands full. The Canes are still in the mix but he seems firmly committed to the Gators right now. If they're going to get him, they'll have to change his mind like they did with Harris.
* Ermon Lane has announced a final six, and indicated to Scout that he plans to make a commitment sometime before the start of the season. The Hurricanes made the cut for the elite WR prospect from Homestead. At 6-foot-1 and 185 pounds, Lane is being recruited by Cook to become a Gator. He was on campus just recently, and seems to have built a strong relationship with the Hurricane coaches. Miami's very much in the mix right now.
* Demetrius Knox committed to Ohio State yesterday. He's a 4-star OL prospect from Texas, who was offered by UM in the spring and visited here last month. Pulling him was never going to be easy. It's his second commitment, as he was once headed to Texas, so it's unlikely that Miami will stop recruiting him completely. However, he's already visited here and still committed elsewhere so the chances of pulling him are very low. With 4 OL commits, the UM coaches seem interested in getting a 5th. The players with outstanding offers seem very unlikely to come here, which means a 5th OL in this class would likely come from a kid who gets offered later in the recruiting process.
* Chris Lammons came out with a top four and told Scout that he plans to announce before the season starts. Miami wasn't on the list, and from what I understand the Canes have started going in a different direction. The 5-9 Plantation cornerback was offered back in the spring but the Canes landed a similar player last week in Booker T's Nigel Bethel. After getting Bethel on board, the Canes seemed to have cooled on Lammons. Look for him to sign elsewhere.