1) Those hoping that Leon Williams will be the next great linebacker at UM, don't get too excited just yet. He's 18 and at 6-3 1/2 and 230, he's bigger than I thought he was going to be. In 2 years, we're talking about a 6-4, 255 pass rushing defensive end with exceptional talent.
2) One of the new players in August will be a linebacker that redshirts year one.
3) Speaking of Williams, what about Antonio Reynolds at 6-4 1/2 and 230 at age 17? Defensive end? Yes, I think so especially in 2 years when he's 6-5 and 255.
4) The Canes are on the verge of having their most talented wide receiver recruiting class in the last 10 years and that includes two huge ones. The 93 one featured Jammi German, Yatil Green, and Nakia Jenkins (all who played on Sundays, even though Jenkins never played at UM after failing to qualify). The 97 one featured Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Andre King, and Daryl Jones (all four who will be playing on Sundays together next September).
5) Antrel Rolle will be a safety at UM, despite how many think he'll be a cornerback.
6) Jeremy Shockey will catch close to 60 balls this season.
7) Despite how impressive Willis McGahee is and how much he'll touch the football this season, Clinton Portis will be Miami's next 1,000-yard runner.
8) The Cleveland Browns, led by coach Butch Davis, will be in the playoff hunt by the end of the 2002 season.
9) Miami will start the season at No. 2 in the national polls. But instead of being behind Oklahoma like things should be, we'll be behind the University of Florida.
10) Dade County football will be more exciting this season than some major college conferences, it's that good this year.
11) Art Kehoe will continue to prove why he's among the elite assistant coaches in college football.
12) I cant believe Penn State is still 38 days away.
July 24- Random Thoughts
Canes Time Top Stories
Tuesday Q&A with Thomas BrownRead on to see everything offensive coordinator Thomas Brown was saying Tuesday morning as the Canes prepare to take on Georgia Tech Saturday.
Canes TimeYesterday at 11:28 AM
Several Cane Offensive Players Talk GTRead on to see what several Hurricane offensive players are saying about this week's game against Georgia Tech.
Canes TimeYesterday at 11:22 AM
Kaaya Talks Ga TechRead on to see what quarterback Brad Kaaya was saying on Tuesday afternoon as he prepares to take on Georgia Tech Saturday.
Canes TimeYesterday at 11:18 AM
Tuesday Q&A with Mark RichtRead on to see everything head coach Mark Richt was saying on Tuesday morning as his team prepares to take on Georgia Tech Saturday.
Canes TimeYesterday at 11:15 AM