* Joseph Yearby was again the best player on the field for Miami Central, even though they lost to Booker T. Washington. He had over 100 yards. It was the second straight week that he out-performed University of Florida commit Dalvin Cook on the field.
* Brandon Powell, a RB commitment from Deerfield Beach, helped lead his team to a big win over Ely on Friday. He scored once on offense and had two picks (including a pick six called back) on defense. Then on Saturday, he attended the game. The former Tennessee commitment seems rock solid with his decision to become a Hurricane.
* Malachi Dupre came out with his latest top five over the weekend, and it didn't include Miami. At 6-foot-3, Dupre is a five-star WR prospect from Louisiana. He was considering the Hurricanes early on but it now seems like he's a big a longshot as ever. Pulling him away from the SEC is going to be extremely tough for anyone.
* David Sharpe is a 4-star OL prospect who the Canes are recruiting. He visited South Carolina two weeks ago, Georgia this past weekend, and plans to see Alabama, North Carolina, and USC. He saw Florida several times over the summer. Sharpe made no mention of Miami when talking to Scout about it today.
* Rohan Blackwood committed to Wisconsin today. At 6-foot-5 and 215 pounds, he landed an offer from Miami back in the summer after a strong camp performance. He visited Nebraska two weeks ago, and Wisconsin this past weekend. After the Canes landed a commitment from Demetrius Jackson, they seemed to cool a bit on Blackwood so this commitment (before a visit to Miami) should not be real surprising.
* D.J. Smith did not make his scheduled visit here this past weekend. That was to be expected, however, since the coaching staff was so focused on the game. Spending much time with Smith was unlikely during a weekend like that. The 4-star safety prospect from the state of Georgia told Scout today that he plans to visit here later in the recruiting process. The Canes already have a commitment from safety Ryan Mayes (who had a pick six over the weekend) and is likely looking to add one more. Smith is an option.