2. Florida State -- They lost a lot of key players from last year's championship team but quarterback Jameis Winston looked like the real deal in the opener.
3. Miami -- The Canes did what they were expected to do against FAU and then beat 9th-ranked Florida at home. After two weeks, it seems like they should be favored in all their remaining games except for FSU.
4. North Carolina -- They played a tough South Carolina team to start the season and didn't play all that well, but were able to keep it fairly close. Otherwise, they're untested.
5. Virginia Tech -- The Hokies were able to hang with Alabama for awhile and then dominated Western Carolina. It all depends on Logan Thomas for them, and how well he plays.
6. Georgia Tech -- They blew out Elon in their only game so far. They've been middle of the pack lately and seem like it again this season.
7. Syracuse -- They've probably played the toughest schedule so far. They hung with both Penn State and Northwestern so it seems like they should be competitive in the ACC this year.
8. Virginia -- After beating a BYU team not many people knew about, they were waxed by Oregon. BYU went on to beat Texas, which makes this team very strange to figure out.
9. Maryland -- They have started the season with two blowout wins over non-BCS opponents. It's too early to tell much.
10. Pittsburgh -- They returned a lot of starters from last season but got blown out by FSU in the opener. They should only get better.
11. Duke -- After blowing out NC Central in the opener, they let a bad Memphis team hang around last week.
12. Boston College -- After barely beating Villanova in the opener, BC pulled out a win over what appears to be a bad Wake team.
13. North Carolina State -- Anytime Richmond takes you down to the wire at your place, it might be a troubling sign of things to come.
14. Wake Forest -- Perhaps the least talented team in the league got beat by what appears to be an average Boston College team by a couple touchdowns.