2. Florida State -- The Noles had little problem taking care of Nevada (62-7).
3. Miami -- The 2-0 Hurricanes went to work on themselves during a bye week after beating Florida. They'll resume play this week.
4. North Carolina -- The 1-1 Tar Heels were off as they prepared to take on Georgia Tech on the road.
5. Georgia Tech -- A 24-point win over Duke has people excited about their chances this week, as they host North Carolina in what should be the best game in the ACC this weekend.
6. Virginia Tech -- It wasn't pretty but the Hokies hung on for a 15-10 win over East Carolina.
7. Syracuse -- After two tough games to start the season, the Orangemen beat up on Wagner as expected.
8. Virginia -- The team used a much-needed bye week following their 49-point loss to Oregon.
9. Maryland -- An 11-point win over UConn seems to be solid. However, it's the same UConn team that lost at home to an FCS opponent the week before.
10. Pittsburgh -- The Panthers got in the winning column with a big victory over New Mexico.
11. Boston College -- After starting the season 2-0, they went on the road and lost by four touchdowns to a solid USC team.
12. Duke -- A 24-point loss to Georgia Tech wasn't good. They'll have a chance to get back on track against Pittsburgh this weekend.
13. North Carolina State -- A bye week was likely needed to prepare for 3rd-ranked Clemson this week. It looks like a major mismatch so it'll be interesting to see if it goes down like that.
14. Wake Forest -- The worst-ranked team last week lost at home at Louisiana-Monroe. Yeah, they're still at the bottom this week.