* QB Treon Harris, a 4-star from Booker T Washington High in Miami, took an official visit to Florida this past weekend but didn't change his commitment from FSU. He remains committed to the Noles. Auburn and Miami are scheduled to get official visits over the next two weekends. It's going to be very difficult for either school to wrestle him away from FSU, especially since he's been committed to play QB there for several months now.
* Brayden Lenius lined up an official visit to Miami for January 31st. He was at Washington State this past weekend. Minnesota is also still in the mix, and he's set to visit them this coming weekend. At 6-foot-5 and 205 pounds, he's a 3-star WR prospect from California. He's never been here before so it's hard to tell how much he likes it or how much distance will be a factor. He is strongly in the mix for one of the remaining spots, however.
* For as much talk as there's been about 5-star DL Chad Thomas visiting other schools, we are now down to the final two recruiting weekends of the year and he still doesn't have any other official visits scheduled. Alabama, Florida State, and LSU are among those still recruiting him. The 5-star prospect from Booker T Washington High remains solidly committed to the Canes.
* Juco DT transfer Calvin Heurtelou is still not officially in school yet. At 6-foot-3 and 315 pounds, he's a 3-star from the state of New York. He signed with Miami last month and was hoping to enroll for the spring semester. The final day to start classes for spring, according to UM's school calendar, is Wednesday so we should know either way in the next day or so. It'd be somewhat disappointing if both Juco DT's being added -- Heurtelou and Mike Wyche -- won't be able to enroll until the summer.
* LB Raymon Minor was scheduled to visit Miami last weekend but went to Marshall instead. He's now visited them and Nebraska, and plans to see Virginia Tech on the 31st. Don't expect Miami to push for the visit this weekend. They are seemingly going in a different direction. At 6-foot-4 and 210 pounds, he's a 4-star LB from the state of Virginia.
* The only uncommitted player who visited this past weekend was Texas 4-star CB Arrion Springs. At 6-feet and 195 pounds, Springs remains committed to Oregon but is scheduled to visit USC this coming weekend. It seems as though UM was unable to change his mind during his visit here. It could still happen down the stretch but it appears as though it's going to be a longshot for the Canes. Springs and Immokalee's J.C. Jackson remain the top options at cornerback, especially since Tampa Jefferson's Deiondre Porter (a kid UM offered last week) committed to Florida on Monday.