* The Hurricanes already have one commitment at the tight end position in the form of Bowman Archibald. Local 4-star Devonaire Clarington is another major and likely recruit. There are still others being recruited, and the most recent offer went to Mark Birmingham. At 6-foot-4 and 230 pounds, Birmingham is a 4-star kid from Virginia. He has over a dozen offers now and has Miami high on his list. He's definitely a player to keep a close eye on.
* The Hurricanes have four offensive line commitments right now, and they seem to be trying to add a fifth. One of the key remaining targets is 4-star Jalen Merrick. At 6-foot-4 and 320 pounds, Merrick is an interior prospect from New Smyrna Beach. He released his final four recently and those schools were Miami, Florida State, Florida, and South Carolina. He visited here for one of Miami's summer camps last month and has spent time at both FSU and Florida recently. He will likely take visits later this year before making a final decision.
* Speaking of offensive line prospects, 3-star Brendan Loftus. At 6-foot-5 and 285 pounds, Loftus visited Miami last month after being offered by the Hurricanes earlier this summer. The Tallahassee (Godby) standout has it down to Miami, Penn State, and FAU and he plans on announcing his commitment tomorrow. There's a very good chance he'll become a Hurricane.
* The Hurricanes are in need of some more pass rushers and one of the nation's best -- Ricky DeBerry -- took an unofficial visit to Miami recently. He told Scout that he was very impressed with the coaches and the small class sizes. The fact that he made the trip down with his father indicates at least some interest in the Hurricanes. He is a 5-star prospect from Virginia, and plans to releasing his final eight very soon. There's a great chance the Hurricanes will be among the eight.
* The Hurricanes have four running back commitments right now and so many believe it'll be hard for them to keep all four all the way through National Signing Day. The one that seems to be the most likely to switch because of the visits he's taken this summer is Dexter Williams. The 4-star from Orlando has been to Ohio State and Michigan and then went to Florida this past weekend. While he remains committed to the Canes, don't be surprised if he ends up signing elsewhere in February.