* Jake Heaps has practiced fully on both days since sitting out Monday's scrimmage. He continues getting the most reps with the ones, and is expected to be named the starter for the season opener real soon.
* David Njoku spent two days at linebacker but was switched back to offense today. He projects as an H-Back but isn't expected to play a big role this season. It leads me to believe they didn't see anything from him on defense to keep him there.
* Phillip Dorsett sat out today, but just to give him a day off. They've been randomly doing that with the receivers lately, especially since there are so many of them.
* If the season started today, Quan Muhammad would be the starting DE opposite Chick. He has a slight edge over McCord and Harris as of right now.
* Perryman, Kirby, and Armbrister would be the starting LBs if it were tomorrow but Jermaine Grace and Darrion Owens are close. Depth is an issue here, especially since guys like Mike Smith and Terry McCray aren't ready yet. Look for Nantambu Fentress to play here, and more than people think.
* The best position on the team, depth wise, is cornerback. They're really excited about the top five guys. Howard and Gunter would be starters if it were tomorrow but Elder, Burns, and Crawford are all real close. Look for all five to play a lot. If they stay healthy, don't be surprised to see Gunter get some action at safety along the way -- especially if Jenkins is out for a lengthy period of time (as expected).
* The starting punter job is still open. They'll scrimmage (ST only) as part of tomorrow's practice but coaches believe it'll go down to the wire, and possibly even week to week. Unfortunately, UM went from having what was probably the best punter in college football to what will likely be a below average one. Hopefully the defense isn't hurt too much by it because O'Donnell put them in a lot of great spots last season.