* Dwayne Lawson's senior season is now over. He led his team to the state playoffs but lost to Venice. The 6-foot-4 Hurricane commitment had an excellent senior season. He finished the year with 2,444 passing yards, 21 touchdowns, and three picks. He also added 867 yards and 17 scores on the ground. He's a tremendously athletic, dual-threat QB prospect who remains firmly committed to the Canes.
* UM commitment Dexter Williams went over 1,100 yards and scored 13 touchdowns this season. The West Orange High standout fractured his foot on Friday night, however. Their season is over. He was scheduled to visit Notre Dame this past weekend but rescheduled that because of the injury. He will now visit there in mid-December, he told Scout's Amy Campbell. He remains committed to the Canes but is still checking out other options. That's his only scheduled visit for now.
* Jordan Scarlett has helped his St. Thomas Aquinas team reach the 3rd round of the state playoffs. The Hurricane commitment has 91 carries for 776 yards and 18 touchdowns this season. He only has one catch (for 46 yards). While he remains committed to the Canes, he's still looking around a bit. He's taken official visits to Ohio State and Wisconsin already this season and went to Florida State for an unofficial visit recently. He's someone we will continue to monitor as the season goes on.
* Mark Walton has helped lead his Booker T Washington team into the 3rd round of the state playoffs. The Hurricane commitment is having a tremendous senior season. He has 1,159 yards and 18 scores on 165 carries. He's also an excellent pass-catcher and has 146 yards and two scores through the air. He remains solidly committed to the Hurricanes and doesn't have any other visits scheduled.
* The Canes have three wide receiver commitments right now, including two from South Florida -- Flanagan's Emonee Spence and Ely's Therrell Gosier. Spence is having an excellent senior season. He has 27 catches for 484 yards and six scores. He's still being recruited by several other schools, including Louisville (and WR coach Lamar Thomas). He does not have any other visits set yet though. Gosier has just eight catches for 73 yards and a score this season. Don't be surprised if he ends up in someone else's recruiting class when it's all said and done.