* Mark Walton has scheduled an official visit to West Virginia for next month. The 4-star Miami RB commitment from Booker T Washington High remains solid with his decision to Miami but WVU is making a serious push and it could come down to the wire.
* One of the offensive linemen at the Under Armour All-American Game was injured yesterday and the player they called as a replacement is Tyree St. Louis. The Hurricane commitment got off to a fast start. He "had a really good day," said Scout's Corey Bender. "In one-on-ones, he was impressive in pass protection and slid his feet very well. He won several of his repetitions and caught the attention of his coaches."
* Richard McIntosh remains committed to Miami but don't be surprised if he takes January visits to West Virginia and Notre Dame. Both schools are going hard after him and there is some interest. The 3-star defensive line prospect from Cardinal Gibbons High remains committed to Miami but this will be something to keep a close eye on down the stretch.
* Da'vante Phillips was set to announce his final decision at the Under Armour All-American Game later this week. All indications were that it was going to be Florida State. He told Scout yesterday, however, that he's now unsure when he'll announce his final decision. I'm hearing that's because Miami is now seriously back in the mix. The 4-star WR prospect from Miami Central is also considering Louisville and Auburn but it's primarily a two-school race between the Canes and Noles.
* A new defensive end has emerged on the radar screen for the Canes. Georgia's Arden Key, a 6-6, 235-pounder is currently committed to South Carolina but he told Scout's Chad Simmons yesterday that he plans on taking an official visit to Miami next month. It won't be an easy flip but the Canes are definitely in the mix for the 4-star prospect.
* Lawrence Cager has taken official visits to Ohio State, Wake Forest, and Virginia Tech and plans to see Miami next month. He told Scout yesterday that several schools, including the Canes and not the Buckeyes, are still in the mix. I'm told that Virginia Tech has a slight edge right now but the Canes will have every chance to convince him to come here when they host him on a visit in a few weeks. He's a 4-star WR prospect from Washington DC.