* The Hurricanes hosted a handful of recruits on official visits this weekend. Two players were already committed to Miami -- OL Brendan Loftus (Tallahassee) and WR Terrell Chatman (Louisiana). The others were QB Torrance Gibson, CB Sheldrick Redwine, S Kevin Henry, and DE Simi Moala. None committed to Miami over the weekend. Gibson is currently an Ohio State commitment but has taken recent visits to Auburn, LSU, and Miami. Redwine is a local player currently committed to Louisville. Henry is teammates with Chatman and is currently committed to Oklahoma State. Moala is a California player who's expected to choose between Utah and Oregon State.
* OL Tyree St. Louis, a 3-star from Bradenton, has been committed to Miami for several months but took an official visit to Florida over the weekend. He did not switch his commitment but says he will finalize his decision in the next couple days. He's expected to stick with his pledge to Miami. He's currently roommates with fellow 2015 commit Ryan Fines at IMG Academy.
* 4-star RB Jordan Scarlett de-committed from Miami today and is expected to sign with Florida State on Wednesday. He says he will announce tomorrow between FSU, Miami, and Florida.
* 3-star WR Antonio Callaway visited Florida over the weekend but did not commit. He says he will announce his final decision on Wednesday between the Canes, Gators, and West Virginia. He goes to Booker T Washington High in Miami.
* 3-star DT Kendrick Norton took an official visit to North Carolina over the weekend. He plans on announcing his final decision on Wednesday and it appears Miami, Ole Miss, and North Carolina are the three fianlists.
* 3-star DT Kevin Scott visited Ole Miss over the weekend but did not commit. He told Scout today that his three finalists are Miami, Ole Miss, and USC. He's expected to sign with the Trojans on Wednesday.