* Shyheim Carter is one of the top overall prospects in the state of Louisiana. He's a big, physical cornerback prospect who is visiting here this weekend and is scheduled to see Alabama and Ole Miss the next two weekends. Alabama is in the lead heading into the weekend, and Miami will have its chance.
* A trio of teammates from Gulliver Prep in Miami made early commitments and are all on campus this weekend. Dionte Mullins is one of the state's top WR prospects. He made a very early commitment to Miami and never wavered, despite getting heavily recruited by other programs. The Under Armour All-American is solidly committed to the Canes. DE Joseph Jackson is a very talented edge pass rusher. S Cedric Wright was the least recruited of the three but has been committed to the Canes all along.
* Latrell Williams is a lightly recruited WR prospect from Lake City Columbia. He was once committed to USF when Ron Dugans was there. When Dugans got the Miami job last week, Williams quickly backed off that pledge and was offered by the Canes. There's a very good chance he'll be in this class.
* Ahmmon Richards is one of the state's top WR prospects. He made an early commitment to Miami then backed off back in October. Mark Richt visited him last night at his home and now he's on campus for the weekend. This is shaping up to be a huge recruiting battle between Miami and Alabama.
* Javon Wims is the nation's most heavily recruited JUCO WR prospect. He's committed to UGA but is in Miami this weekend and is set to see Oklahoma next weekend, then UGA on the 29th. He's originally from Carol City HS in Miami.
* Nate Johnson is a WR prospect from the state of Tennessee who committed to Michigan last month. Miami started recruiting him after Richt got the job and he's visiting here this weekend and is also set to see Penn State later in the month.
* J.J. Givens arrived in Miami around 10:30 this morning. "Just touched down in the 305," he said. He's a 3-star DB prospect from the state of Maryland.
Note: A pair of teammates who are currently committed to other programs are also scheduled to visit unofficially. James Pierre (safety) and Aaron Robinson (cornerback) are both from Deerfield Beach High and will be on campus. Pierre, a one-time UM commit, is now committed to North Carolina. Robinson is committed to Florida.