* Ahmmon Richards is probably the most heavily recruited uncommitted target remaining for Miami. The 4-star WR from Palm Beach visited Miami a couple weekends ago. The one-time UM commit saw Alabama last weekend and is set to see Tennessee this weekend. Mark Richt is expected to be in his home for one last pitch. He's expected to make a final decision next week and it could go either way.
* Kobe Jones is a 4-star DL from Mississippi who visited here earlier this week. He was at Alabama last weekend and is set to see Ole Miss this weekend. He was being recruited by Manny Diaz at MSU and that's the connection here. The visit wasn't enough to get him to commit here and he's expected to pick between Bama and Ole Miss next week.
* Mike Rumph and Ephraim Banda spent today with Tyler Byrd, a 4-star DB from Naples. He committed to Miami over a year ago but is taking a visit to Tennessee this weekend. His recruiting coach there is former UM coach Larry Scott. Even if he takes the visit, he's expected to sign with UM next week.
* Speaking of elite DB prospects, Richt spent yesterday with 4-star DB Shyheim Carter from Louisiana. Alabama and LSU are the two other finalists. It won't be easy for Miami but the Canes are still in it and Richt made his final pitch last night.
* Jeff James is a DB who announced a commitment to Miami following a visit here two weeks ago. The coaches often post celebratory messages on social media after a commitment and they didn't do it when James announced in favor of the Canes, which makes you think they weren't ready to accept his commitment. He's definitely being recruited but don't be surprised if he doesn't sign with UM on Wednesday.
* Richt spent some time with Gateway DB Henry Miller on Thursday. He's a 3-star DB prospect who has been committed to Pittsburgh. He visited here last weekend and there's a good chance he'll sign with the Canes on Wednesday.