* The Hurricanes have three WR commitments right now. They're trying to add one or two more. Kelvin Harmon (3-star from NJ) announces tonight between UM and NC State. Randrecous Davis (3-star from GA and one-time UGA commit under Richt) is announcing Wednesday between UM and South Carolina (where he visited this past weekend). Javon Wims, a Juco kid who visited here a few weeks ago, visited UGA over the weekend and re-affirmed his commitment to them. The big name for Miami here is 4-star Ahmmon Richards from Palm Beach. He visited Alabama two weekends ago and is choosing between the Canes and Tide this week. He's the headliner at this position of the four.
* OL recruiting has been quiet all year. It looks like the Canes are going to add Tre Johnson to this class. He's a 3-star kid from Orlando and someone Miami made a late offer to. A one-time Illinois commitment, Johnson is now down to Miami and East Carolina. He's expected to ink with the Canes Wednesday but keep an eye on his grades.
* The Canes added a commitment from DL Tyreic Martin this morning. That gives them three commitments along the D-Line. The D-Tackle spot is a weakness in this class right now. No one is committed and they went after a bunch down the stretch. The most likely of the remaining targets is still a longshot - Texas standout Marcel Southall, who is choosing between UM, Oklahoma, and Texas on Wednesday.
* Tyler Byrd, a 4-star DB commit from Naples, went to Tennessee and came away very impressed. Former UM coach Larry Scott is his primary recruiter there. While I still think he'll sign with Miami on Wednesday, be prepared that he could sign with Tennessee.
* Four primary DB options remain out there -- C.J. McWilliams (4-star from Miami), Shyheim Carter (4-star from Louisiana), Romeo Finley (3-star from Niceville) and Henry Miller (3-star from Kissimmee). McWilliams visited UF over the weekend and he's been committed there for a long time. UM is still under consideration though. Carter is likely going to pick either Bama or LSU but the Canes are still in the mix. Finley is likely going to pick GT or Clemson but the Canes are in the mix. Miller is committed to Pitt but is the most likely of this group to sign with the Canes on Wednesday.