Coach Larry Coker
"It was a little big sluggish today to start, but guys picked it up and ending having a pretty good day. Guys came out after the scrimmage on Saturday and I think it took a while to get going today. We had some good video from Saturday. Generally we had a good day today. We will be in pads again tomorrow."
"I think defensively some guys that stood out from the film were Orien Harris and Teraz McCray. They did an unbelievable job and were outstanding. Also Antrel Rolle in the secondary did a good job. Greg Threat has just been outstanding. Those guys really stood out."
"On offense I think Brock Berlin did well and Derrick Crudup did a nice job. Tyrone Moss ran the ball well at times. The offensive line did well as a unit, but individually a guy that has really been a standout is Tony Tella."
"I think Kevin Everett is going to be very important to the team. Now today he did not catch the ball very well. He had too many drops today. He has had an excellent spring though and is very important to us because that position is so critical for our football team. We had the philosophy to use the tight ends a lot even though we have a new offensive coordinator. We did that when I was the offensive coordinator so with Dan Werner we are not going to change that. They are still a big part of offense. Greg Olsen is a guy that has really stepped up and made some nice plays for us.
Quarterback Brock Berlin
"I think offensively we felt good today. We are still coming out here and forming together. I think we are coming along well."
Offensive Lineman Tony Tella
"I think today went all right. I have to work on a few things with my technique, but that will come with time. Overall I think I have done pretty good moving from tackle to guard. It is a gradual process though. The biggest adjustment has been having to pull a lot more as a guard. Joel Rodriguez, Eric Winston, and Chris Myers have been helping me make the transition."
Defensive End Vegas Franklin
"It has been pretty good so far. Today went all right. I am just working hard out there trying to get to the ball as best as I can. If I keep making plays they will find a way to get me in the game even if it is on third-down I will be happy. I need to work on my run defense and my strength a little bit too, but I will be all right."
Tight End Buck Ortega
"It has been great being back out here. I like the way our offense is being put in. Things are good right now. I have put on some weight and I am trying to make some plays out there. Each day I set goals for myself that I try to achieve each day. Today went all right. I need to work on staying low. It sucks that Brandon Sebald is out. That is one thing that sucks about football. We are going to get more reps to try and we have to step it up."
* Terrell Walden blocked a field goal today showing off his speed and athleticism. Walden is battling with Tanard Davis and Travarous Bain for playing time at cornerback.
* Willie Cooper has had a solid start to spring practices at strong safety. From a learning standpoint this is where he will develop as a player, but could move to free safety because the two are somewhat interchangeable.
* Teraz McCray has played hard this spring and the coaching staff has taken notice. He plays tough and is in on a lot of plays. McCray is a player that wants to be on the field and it has shown. At only 6-0 and 285 pounds he is the smallest defensive tackle on the team.
* Tight end Brandon Sebald suffered a separated shoulder in practice on Saturday, but a timetable for his return is uncertain.
* Defensive end Bryan Pata has a sprained left ankle and was in a walking boot today. This is something to watch closely because Pata dealt with injuries all last season. Pata stated that he now weighs 275 pounds and if he keeps gaining weight could develop into a defensive tackle.
* Running back Tyrone Moss has improved his practice performance after getting ripped by running backs coach Don Soldinger. Soldinger, Coker, and Moss had a closed door meeting to address the issue and Coker has been pleased with the results.
Next Practice: Tuesday, March 30, 3:30 PM, Greentree Practice Fields
Spring Practice Report- 3/29/04
Canes Time Top Stories
Lead Gift for Indoor Facility AnnouncedCORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced today the largest donation in the history of the Department of Athletics as the lead gift for a state-of-the-art football…
Canes TimeFriday at 8:00 PM
Miami's New 'Legend Of The U' UniformsThe University of Miami unveiled new uniforms for the the football program that resemble the team's looks from the 1980s and 1990s.
Canes TimeTuesday at 7:44 PM
UM Unveils New “Legend of the U” UniformsCORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The University of Miami and adidas today unveiled the Hurricanes' new ‘Legend of the U’ Primeknit football uniforms, which will make their debut on Oct. 8…
Mike's Analysis: App State GameMiami improved to 3-0 with a 45-10 win over App State yesterday. Read on for a full game analysis from CanesTime's Mike Bakas.
ACC School Presents First Offer to DunmoreFORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. --- Syracuse was the initial school to step up to the plate and take a chance on John Dunmore, a 6-foot-3, 170-pound pass catcher out of the 2019 class.
Scout FootballFriday at 12:33 PM