Coach Larry Coker
"It was a beach day today. Great weather. Today was a shells day where we are just in shoulder pads and shorts. This was the first time that we have ran a two-minute drill in the spring. The defense really did a nice job and didn't allow the offense to score. We are anxious and excited about tomorrow's scrimmage. It will be a chance to get a lot of good video."
"The coaching staff will go over what we will do in the scrimmage tomorrow. There will be some situational things we will do. We will have two sets of 12 plays. There will probably be some mid-field and some red-zone things. Total number of plays depends on who is healthy."
"Kevin Everett has had some drops, but last practice he didn't have any. Today he had one towards the end. We are working on his hands and all of the receivers' hands. It is just a matter of concentrating and having confidence. I feel fine there and he'll be able to step up. But he isn't the only one having drops. We have too many drops on our entire football team."
"Roscoe Parrish will probably have a knee scope. Bryan Pata was out of the walking boot today and probably will not scrimmage tomorrow. We hope to have Pata by next week. Roscoe is probably out the rest of the spring."
"I think things are so different know with the surgeries. Certainly we wish it wouldn't have happened, but I think Roscoe will be fine."
* Tanard Davis recorded two interceptions today in practice. Davis is working hard to become the third cornerback with the injury and unknown status of Glenn Sharpe.
* Marcus Maxey also recorded an interception today on the sideline. Derrick Crudup poorly threw the ball high. Maxey is currently the team's backup free safety behind Brandon Meriweather.
* Kyle Wright got a chance to run with the first-team today and looked good. He did a nice job stepping up in the pocket to make the throw. Wright threw a dart 30 yards down the middle of the field on a cover two defense only to have Kevin Everett drop the pass.
* Antrel Rolle blocked a field goal in practice today. After the block Rolle and Meriweather jumped up together for a high-five similar to what previous Hurricane players would do after a big play.
* Tyler McMeans has been playing at right tackle this spring, a new position for him. He has never played tackle in his life, but is adjusting to the position and gaining confidence. McMeans will likely be moved back to his more natural position at guard and his strengths are better suited for guard.
Out for spring practices
RB Frank Gore – ACL
CB Glenn Sharpe – ACL
DE Thomas Carroll – Shoulder
WR Ryan Moore – Recovering from shoulder surgery
TE Brandon Sebald – Separated Shoulder
WR Roscoe Parrish – Ankle/Knee
Did not practice today
DE Bryan Pata – Sprained Ankle – will return early next week
Next Practice: Friday, April 2, 7:00 PM, Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, open to public, free admission.
Spring Practice Report - 4/1/04
Canes Time Top Stories
Lead Gift for Indoor Facility AnnouncedCORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced today the largest donation in the history of the Department of Athletics as the lead gift for a state-of-the-art football…
Canes TimeFriday at 8:00 PM
Miami's New 'Legend Of The U' UniformsThe University of Miami unveiled new uniforms for the the football program that resemble the team's looks from the 1980s and 1990s.
Canes TimeTuesday at 7:44 PM
UM Unveils New “Legend of the U” UniformsCORAL GABLES, Fla. -- The University of Miami and adidas today unveiled the Hurricanes' new ‘Legend of the U’ Primeknit football uniforms, which will make their debut on Oct. 8…
Mike's Analysis: App State GameMiami improved to 3-0 with a 45-10 win over App State yesterday. Read on for a full game analysis from CanesTime's Mike Bakas.