Coach Larry Coker
"We had an outstanding spring practice and hopefully we have a great scrimmage on Saturday. The only thing I ask is to play hard, enjoy tomorrow and do the things they've been coached to do. We want to finish the spring off right."
"I don't know if I able to look at anyone to win a job, but I know there are some jobs to be lost. I just want to see good football players."
"I'm a little bit surprised about our defense, to be quite honest, to be as strong as we have been. I knew we'd have a good defensive football team but I didn't expect it this early. I've been really pleased with the progress they've made. The secondary and defensive front have been outstanding and the linebackers have been solid, so I've been encouraged by that."
* Darnell Jenkins caught a short pass and took it 50 yards for a touchdown through the middle of the defense. Jenkins has had a great spring and is looking to carry it over in the spring game.
* The defensive line had another solid day. There are 12 guys on the team fighting for playing time especially at the defensive end position.
* Linebackers Rocky McIntosh and Jon Beason had a great day. McIntosh is likely to emerge as the team's top linebacker in 2004.
* Tyrone Moss had a number of solid runs up the middle showing good strength, vision, and the ability to avoid tackles for loss.
Out for spring practices
RB Frank Gore – ACL
CB Glenn Sharpe – ACL
DE Thomas Carroll – Shoulder
WR Ryan Moore – Recovering from shoulder surgery
TE Brandon Sebald – Separated Shoulder
WR Roscoe Parrish – Knee
CB Terrell Walden – ACL
* A large number of former players are in town for a reunion weekend.
* Former head coach Jimmy Johnson
Saturday…April 17…10:00 AM…Orange Bowl (Spring Game)
Christopher Stock is a Staff Columnist for CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Practice Report - 4/16/04
Canes Time Top Stories
Jack Allison to Leave Miami Football ProgramCORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced Tuesday that quarterback Jack Allison has decided to leave the football program.
Canes TimeYesterday at 8:02 AM
Jeff James Jr. to Leave ProgramCORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced Sunday that defensive back Jeff James Jr., is no longer a member of the football program.
Canes TimeSunday at 2:34 PM
Canes Land Saturday CommitmentThe Canes picked up another big commitment on Saturday. Read on to learn about it.
Canes TimeSaturday at 8:20 PM
Spring Scrimmage: Mark Richt Q&ARead on to see what head coach Mark Richt was saying following today's spring scrimmage.
Canes TimeSaturday at 2:28 PM