The team practiced in shells today in preparation for #20 Louisville next Thursday.
"This was actually like a Wednesday practice for us—it was a shells practice," head coach Larry Coker said. "We really ran around and moved well today. I am really excited to see our team play. It has been such an erratic, crazy schedule we will be glad to get back into game week mode next week."
The Hurricanes will face Louisville next Thursday, October 14 at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN. Preparing for a ranked team has helped maintain the focus for the team.
* OL Joel Rodriguez was suited up again today for practice, but again did not participate. He is expected to practice Sunday and is "probable" to practice. If he were not able to play Thursday, Anthony Wollschlager would be the first team center in place of Rodriguez. Chris Myers is another option for the team at center.
* QB Kyle Wright has practiced better this week according to Coker, but it is uncertain if he will play against Louisville in the same capacity he did against Georgia Tech.
* WR Sinorice Moss did not participate in all drills today, but he is expected to be fine.
* FS Brandon Meriweather did not practice with turf toe. He had on a walking boot on and Coker is "hopeful" he will be back for the game against Louisville. Freshman Anthony Reddick is the likely candidate to start for Meriweather if he
* WR Ryan Moore did not practice with a sprained ankle. He did not play in last week's game and according to Coker it is "certainly questionable" if he will play this week. Coker does not feel overly optimistic he will play against Louisville.
Christopher Stock is a Staff Writer for CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice Notes: 10/8
Canes Time Top Stories
Miami vs. Virginia Tech HighlightsJerod Evans had 357 yards of total offense and 3 scores to lead the Hokies to a 37-16 win over the Hurricanes. Travon McMillian rushed for 131 yards and Bucky Hodges caught 2 TDs…
Canes TimeThursday at 9:59 PM
Post Virginia Tech: Mark RichtRead on to see everything head coach Mark Richt was saying following his team's loss to Virginia Tech Thursday night.
Canes TimeThursday at 9:54 PM
Virginia Tech 37 , Miami 16Here are some game notes from Miami's 21-point loss to the Hokies.
Canes TimeThursday at 9:52 PM
State of the Canes: DefenseThe Hurricanes are 4-2 and preparing to play at Virginia Tech Thursday night. Read on for a complete analysis of Miami's defense at this point in the season.
Canes TimeTuesday at 8:15 PM