"This was a good day for us," head coach Larry Coker said. "Guys had fun at work and stepped up for us. They were fresh and looked good. It was good to see Sinorice Moss back today and really ran around well. He practiced well today was able to do everything. Ryan Moore did not practice and I do not feel good about Ryan. Obviously Sinorice will be ready for Saturday."
North Carolina State features the number one defense in the nation in terms of total yards allowed. Last year they did not have as much success. Coker evaluated the difference in this year's team.
"I think they are doing some things different this year," Coker said. "Reggie Herring, their defensive coordinator from the NFL. He has been in the college game and now in the NFL. I know Reggie well and he brings a lot of enthusiasm, persona, and energy to the defense. That is the difference I see and plus they are recruiting well."
The Hurricanes will face North Carolina State on Saturday, October 23 at 7:45 p.m. on ESPN.
* LB Leon Williams had the cast removed on his hand because of a fracture. He has not started the past two games after returning from injury and according to Coker "the cast didn't really have to do with him not starting." Coker also added "he would be starting at middle linebacker if we played today."
* DT Teraz McCray did not suit up against Louisville, but practiced today and is expected to play against North Carolina State. He was a player the team missed because of depth at the defensive tackle position.
* WR Sinorice Moss practiced today and is "probable" for the game on Saturday. He participated in all drills and his speed noticeably picked up throughout the practice and showed off a burst of speed cutting through traffic much like his touchdown reception against Florida State earlier in the season.
* FS Brandon Meriweather is back from his injury and will regain his starting position back over freshman Anthony Reddick. Coker said Meriweather was the best safety against Louisville.
* WR Ryan Moore did not practice with an ankle injury and is "doubtful" for the game on Saturday. He had the cast removed and did light jogging during practice by himself. He was not in pads and did not participate in team drills.
* CB Terrell Walden suffered an ACL injury in April did some light running today during practice. He is unlikely to return this season, but hopes to be ready for spring football in 2005. Walden will be a sophomore next season.
Wednesday, October 20, 3:30 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Staff Writer for CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice Notes: 10/19
Canes Time Top Stories
Canes Off to Fast Start Under RichtMiami Hurricanes football is 3-0 heading into a conference matchup against Georgia Tech. Find out what else is going right for the Canes under new head coach, Mark Richt courtesy…
Canes TimeYesterday at 3:41 PM
Wednesday Q&A with Manny DIazRead on to see everything defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was saying following Wednesday's practice.
Canes TimeYesterday at 12:46 PM
Richt Talks About Keys to Beating GTRead on to see everything Mark Richt was saying following Wednesday's practice.
Canes TimeYesterday at 12:32 PM
Tuesday Q&A with Thomas BrownRead on to see everything offensive coordinator Thomas Brown was saying Tuesday morning as the Canes prepare to take on Georgia Tech Saturday.
Canes TimeTuesday at 11:28 AM
Tuesday Q&A with Mark RichtRead on to see everything head coach Mark Richt was saying on Tuesday morning as his team prepares to take on Georgia Tech Saturday.
Canes TimeTuesday at 11:15 AM