LARRY COKER QUOTES
"We made some strides today. The offensive and defensive scout teams did a great job today - they really stepped and made us better. That is exactly what we needed. It was a very physical day today and the guys responded pretty well. If we continue to do that, we will have a chance to improve and win on Saturday."
"I hope it is not too difficult to move on because we are not good enough to just feel sorry for ourselves for the next week. I told the team to have a great week of practice and have a great week in the film room and study these guys. That will give us a chance to win."
* WR Ryan Moore practiced today in full pads and ran very well. As reported earlier he is "probable" to play Saturday "if the team needed him some."
* LB Jon Beason replaced Leon Williams as the team's starting middle linebacker, but could play strongside linebacker pushing Roger McIntosh to the middle. When Coker was asked if he was not happy with the way Williams played last game, he responded, "I am not happy with the way a lot of them played."
* DE Baraka Atkins has replaced Kareem Brown as the team's starting defensive tackle opposite of Orien Harris.
* DE Thomas Carroll and DE Bryan Pata are the team's starting defensive ends right now.
* CB Devin Hester is in a battle with Marcus Maxey as the team's nickel back. The coaches are "trying to get him ready" to play there.
* TE Greg Olsen had a hard cast on his arm, but did practice. He will have an x-ray on his wrist tomorrow to determine the extent of the injury. Coker said he "should be fine to play."
* QB Kyle Wright did not practice today, but is no longer in his walking boot. He only has a aircast on his ankle and one would presume he would be ready if needed, next week against Virignia. He is "doubtful" for Saturday.
* OL Tyler McMeans is no longer in a cast and crutches and was walking around fine. He has on a basic knee brace. His expected date of return is unknown.
* LB Willie Williams fell and hurt his thumb during a non-football related accident. The staff will know more tomorrow about his injury. He was in a cast and did do some running today as part of his rehab with his knee.
Practice Report - 11/2
Canes Time Top Stories
State of the Canes: Offense, Week 5Lets take a close position-by-position look at MIami's offense through the first three games of the season.
Canes TimeYesterday at 1:10 PM
Canes Off to Fast Start Under RichtMiami Hurricanes football is 3-0 heading into a conference matchup against Georgia Tech. Find out what else is going right for the Canes under new head coach, Mark Richt courtesy…
Canes TimeWednesday at 3:41 PM
Wednesday Q&A with Manny DIazRead on to see everything defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was saying following Wednesday's practice.
Canes TimeWednesday at 12:46 PM
Richt Talks About Keys to Beating GTRead on to see everything Mark Richt was saying following Wednesday's practice.
Canes TimeWednesday at 12:32 PM