HEAD COACH LARRY COKER
"We are ready, relaxed, and rested for Saturday. We had a pretty good week and we worked pretty hard. I think the attitude was a little different. Any time you get beat your attitude is a little different, but we have moved past that now. We have another opportunity now and that is the beauty of what we are doing. The other thing is the only way to change your attitude is to win."
"We had a lot of intensity on defense this week and it was a physical week for us. The coaches and players showed intensity this week like we needed.
• LB Jon Beason will start at strongside linebacker and Roger McIntosh will be moved to the middle linebacker position. This is the first week he has extensively practiced at the strongside position. When he arrived on campus in 2003 he played safety before moving to fullback. In February he was switched to linebacker and assumed the duties as a middle linebacker before making the transition to strongside this week. It will be his third start of the season.
• TE Greg Olsen practiced with a large cast on his left arm after suffering a broken wrist in Saturday's game against North Carolina. He will have a smaller cast on for the game and coach expects him to play. Third-string tight end Buck Ortega has received a lot of reps with the first-team offense and could be used Saturday if Olsen is unable to be productive.
• WR Ryan Moore had a good week of practice after returning with a foot sprain. Coker said he has looked better than he thought he would and did not looked slow down. He has missed the last four games because of the injury, but is expected to play Saturday although he will not regain his starting spot.
• WR Lance Leggett will start at wide receiver along with Roscoe Parrish. Leggett, a true freshman, will be making his fourth start of the season.
• QB Kyle Wright has been bothered by a sprained ankle and possibly could play on Saturday in the shotgun, but the team will not do that. Derrick Crudup would fill in for Brock Berlin if something were to happen to him.
Christopher Stock is a Staff Writer for CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com
Practice Notes: 11/4
Canes Time Top Stories
Richt Talks Recruiting & MoreRead on to see everything Mark Richt was saying following Tuesday's practice.
Canes Time4:10 PM
Q&A with Stacy SearelsRead on to see what offensive lineman Stacy Searels was saying about his group following Tuesday's practice.
Canes Time4:04 PM
Q&A with Ron DugansRead on to see what wide receivers coach Ron Dugans was saying about his group following Tuesday's practice.
Canes Time4:02 PM
BREAKING: Canes Get 2nd Monday CommitmentThe Canes had a huge Monday on the recruiting front.
Canes TimeYesterday at 7:19 PM
BREAKING: Canes Land Huge CommitmentThe Canes landed a huge commitment Monday afternoon.
Canes TimeYesterday at 2:08 PM