HEAD COACH LARRY COKER
"This week has gone fast. We are already through Wednesday of practice. It was a good week for us. We just need to finish it off and have a great football game on Saturday."
"The intensity was very good. Guys were intense. We got better today."
* CB Antrel Rolle has worked some with the first team, but whether or not he starts on Saturday has not been decided. If he does not start, Devin Hester would fill in for him again. A decision will be made later in the week. "Health-wise he is fine."
* QB Kyle Wright practiced today and is expected to be cleared to play after spraining three ligaments in his ankle. Wright mentioned he made a spin move the other day in practice and thought about his ankle during the play. He was able to make the move and it has gave him more confidence in his ankle. However, it will be something that will be in the back of his mind.
* RB Frank Gore is just 264 yards away from a 1,000-yard season with three games remaining. When Coker was asked if he believed he was all the way back he responded, "I don't know. It would be a guess on my part. I do know this. He just rushed for 200 yards against the best rush defense in the league."
* LB Leon Williams has practiced this week as the team's starting middle linebacker in place of LB Roger McIntosh who is dealing with a stinger. It is uncertain at this point if Williams will remain the starter. LB Jon Beason and LB Romeo Davis continued to work out as the starting outside linebackers.
* OL Tyler McMeans split time with OL Derrick Morse on the first team at right guard and is expected to play Saturday. He could have possibly played last week, but was held out. Both Coker and Art Kehoe have stated he will play this week.
* WR Ryan Moore is still bothered by a mid-foot sprain and is improving on his cuts. He does not know if he will play on Saturday, but he has got the most reps this week in practice than he has in the past.
Practice Notes: 11/17
Canes Time Top Stories
State of the Canes: Offense, Week 5Lets take a close position-by-position look at MIami's offense through the first three games of the season.
Canes TimeYesterday at 1:10 PM
Canes Off to Fast Start Under RichtMiami Hurricanes football is 3-0 heading into a conference matchup against Georgia Tech. Find out what else is going right for the Canes under new head coach, Mark Richt courtesy…
Canes TimeWednesday at 3:41 PM
Wednesday Q&A with Manny DIazRead on to see everything defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was saying following Wednesday's practice.
Canes TimeWednesday at 12:46 PM
Richt Talks About Keys to Beating GTRead on to see everything Mark Richt was saying following Wednesday's practice.
Canes TimeWednesday at 12:32 PM