HEAD COACH LARRY COKER
"We had a chance today to run around and have a little fun. This was good. It is great to be back home in the Orange Bowl and we are excited."
"You like having a lighter practice because we have some bumps and bruises. You really like to be having fun and enjoying playing football--that is the real key. Football is such a mental game and I want our guys to come out with a lot of energy and have fun playing the game."
"It is a little bit different playing at noon. I think it will be good and we are going to make it good. It will be fine. I think the players are anxious to do that. The night games just kind of wear on us pretty good and I am glad to have a noon start."
"They run the ball very well and I think their running back (Chris Barclay) leads the league in rushing."
* CB Antrel Rolle is "good to go", but a decision on whether or not he will start has not been decided. "He may or may not start, but he will play like a starter," Coker said. If he does not start CB Devin Hester would fill in his place. Rolle did take some reps as a punt returner--something he has not done yet this season.
* CB Devin Hester has a "pretty good offensive package" this week and could be used more on punt returns with Antrel Rolle in the lineup.
* MLB Leon Williams, SLB Jon Beason, and WLB Romeo Davis have been practicing as the first unit all week in practice and are expected to start Saturday. LB Roger McIntosh and LB Tavares Gooden will play. McIntosh and Gooden's injuries are considered 'nicks' and are nothing serious.
* WR Ryan Moore has impressed Coker this week in practice about how he is back and running around well.
* OL Tyer McMeans has also moved around well this week and is expected to play Saturday.
* QB Kyle Wright is cleared to play Saturday (ankle). He is ready to play, but when Coker was asked if he expected to play, he responded, "we'll see." He is probably more situational than the other injured players since he has been out for a while.
* WR Darnell Jenkins had a long padded sleeve on his left arm, but his injury is not serious. He can make catches, but it does affect his ability to extend his arm.
* TE Greg Olsen had on a smaller cast and continued to work with the first unit as the second tight end. With the smaller cast he has more use of his fingers, but his thumb is still wrapped with the cast.
Practice Notes: 11/18
Canes Time Top Stories
State of the Canes: Offense, Week 5Lets take a close position-by-position look at MIami's offense through the first three games of the season.
Canes TimeYesterday at 1:10 PM
Canes Off to Fast Start Under RichtMiami Hurricanes football is 3-0 heading into a conference matchup against Georgia Tech. Find out what else is going right for the Canes under new head coach, Mark Richt courtesy…
Canes TimeWednesday at 3:41 PM
Wednesday Q&A with Manny DIazRead on to see everything defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was saying following Wednesday's practice.
Canes TimeWednesday at 12:46 PM
Richt Talks About Keys to Beating GTRead on to see everything Mark Richt was saying following Wednesday's practice.
Canes TimeWednesday at 12:32 PM