HEAD COACH LARRY COKER
"Today was a full pad day for us like a Tuesday practice. It was a pretty physical day for us that we needed. We got a lot accomplished today."
* LB Willie Williams practiced for the first time all season as a member of the scout team. Williams wore the green scout jersey #47 and drew laughs from teammates when he made a small hit during offensive walk-throughs. When Coker was asked about Willie's performance today he just responded, "Willie practiced on scout team."
* Defensive Coordinator Randy Shannon addressed the media regarding his coaching rumors and said he had not interviewed for the Pittsburgh job even though Jimmy Johnson said he had on his CBS sports show. Shannon also mentioned that he has only interviewed for one job since he has been at Miami. He said he doesnt want to interview for jobs and not get them because of the label that associates with that.
* TE Kevin Everett (shoulder) and TE Greg Olsen (wrist) did not practice today. Everett is questionable for the Peach Bowl and Olsen has been declared out. Brandon Sebald has been moved to tight end to help with the depth at the position.
* FB Kyle Cobia will play in the Peach Bowl after Coker said last week he was unsure of his availability. Cobia practiced at full-speed today and showed no ill effects of a shoulder injury. "I definitely expect him to play," Coker said.
* LB Roger McIntosh did not practice today due to a doctor's appointment unrelated to his shoulder according to Coker.
* RB Frank Gore was not able to get an insurance policy out on himself in case of another injury since he has already had two injuries. Insurance policies are common for players with a potential big pay day on the draft. Gore will meet with a draft committee to determine his approximate draft location. He will sit down with his mother after the bowl game to make his decision on whether or not to go pro.
* Running Backs Coach Don Soldiner thinks Gore should go pro now and not risk a further injury. Soldinger was adamant on his belief of not holding back kids if they want to go pro.
* RB Tyrone Moss (knee) did not practice today. RB Charlie Jones is the number two tailback behind Gore. Andrew Johnson has not practiced the last two days.
* OL Anthony Wollschlager (ankle) did not practice today. If starting center Joel Rodriguez were to get hurt, look for Chris Myers to move inside to play center like he did in the Orange Bowl last year. John Rochford is also a possibility.
* Coker is hopeful that some players that are not currently on the team will be able to join the team for their bowl practices.
Practice Notes: 12/20
Canes Time Top Stories
UM Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2017CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced its class of 2017 inductees for the 49th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet this coming spring.
Canes Time10:01 PM
Miami @ Georgia Tech: Game NotesMiami is set to take on Georgia Tech this coming Saturday for their ACC Opener. Read on for some game notes.
Canes Time9:59 PM
Lead Gift for Indoor Facility AnnouncedCORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced today the largest donation in the history of the Department of Athletics as the lead gift for a state-of-the-art football…
Canes TimeFriday at 8:00 PM
Miami's New 'Legend Of The U' UniformsThe University of Miami unveiled new uniforms for the the football program that resemble the team's looks from the 1980s and 1990s.
Canes TimeTuesday at 7:44 PM