HEAD COACH LARRY COKER
"We did some work on the two-minute drill today. It was pretty ragged to be honest with you, but that is why we do it. We will want to look at it. We have had a good spring, we just need to finish up well."
"Obviously, we have got to get better protection for the passer. We are running the ball well at times. Individually I really like what Derron Thomas is doing. We are going to be fine at quarterback and I think having Chris Zellner at tight end is going to be a huge plus for us. Defensively, I think that Teraz McCray has been a guy that we have not been able to block all spring and the linebacker play is even better."
* CB Devin Hester had a good day as he had interceptions off both Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman during the two-minute drills. The pick off of Freeman was a floated ball that was caused by the pressure of the defensive line.
* DE Thomas Carroll and DE Calais Campbell had a good practice. Each recorded a sack and applied constant pressure on the quarterbacks.
* OL Tyrone Byrd received a majority of the snaps at center today. Byrd struggled getting the ball cleanly to the quarterback—particularly in shotgun formation.
* DT Kareem Brown received quite an ovation from his teammates during the Oklahoma drill when he blew-up converted OL Dave Howell
* Rhyan Anderson and Chris Rutledge were not in pads, but were doing drills along with Andrew Johnson and Eric Winston. Buck Ortega was also not in pads, he had his right ankle taped. Glenn Cook did not practice either.
Wednesday, April 6, 3:00 pm
Practice Report: 4/5
Canes Time Top Stories
UM Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2017CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced its class of 2017 inductees for the 49th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet this coming spring.
Canes TimeYesterday at 10:01 PM
Miami @ Georgia Tech: Game NotesMiami is set to take on Georgia Tech this coming Saturday for their ACC Opener. Read on for some game notes.
Canes TimeYesterday at 9:59 PM
Lead Gift for Indoor Facility AnnouncedCORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced today the largest donation in the history of the Department of Athletics as the lead gift for a state-of-the-art football…
Canes TimeFriday at 8:00 PM
Miami's New 'Legend Of The U' UniformsThe University of Miami unveiled new uniforms for the the football program that resemble the team's looks from the 1980s and 1990s.