"Weather was not a factor and we didn't get anyone hurt--that is two positives there. These guys need to play. We have done all we can do. We need to get on the field and get tested."
"Playing on Monday against this competition means a lot of players. You are playing against the best and you get noticed especially for our players with aspirations of playing at the next level. Every NFL scout that comes here wants to see the Florida State game, which only makes sense."
· CB Devin Hester is running very well and is showing no major signs of a turf toe. At the end of practice Hester was lined up at tailback and was working on a toss play. He is expected to play some on offense against Florida State especially if the team needs a spark. Hester is still a "work in progress" at cornerback according to Coker.
· WR Ryan Moore is expected to bounce back from a disappointing year last season and become the team's top receiver this year. Moore wants to get off on the right foot this season especially since he struggled in last year's game against Florida State.
· OL Tony Tella is "a little rusty" right now according to Coker. He is still expected to play against Florida State, but it does not appear he will start. Andrew Bain will start in his place at right guard.
· RB Tyrone Moss has pleased Coker this fall. "He is lean and is practicing fast," Coker said. In his career Moss has rushed for 956 yards and 11 touchdowns.
· FB James Bryant "could see some time" according to Coker. It appears they are very satisfied with Quadtrine Hill and should be in the game for the majority of the game.
· The team will fly to Tallahassee on Sunday prior to their game on Monday at 8:00 p.m.
· OL Derrick Morse has a fracured shoulder. He is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
· RB Andrew Johnson is still recovering from an ACL injury he suffered last December. Johnson could be cleared to practice within a month, but it is still unsure whether or not he will play this season or redshirt and come back next year as a sophomore.
· DT Teraz McCray, CB Glenn Sharpe, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All three will miss the 2005 season.
Saturday, September 3 at 8:30 a.m.
Media is not able to attend practice, but will speak with Coker.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor for CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org