· DATE: Monday, September 5 TIME: 8:00 p.m. TV: ABC
· Miami has won the last six games against Florida State dating back to 2000.
· Last season, Miami won 16-10 in overtime at home when Frank Gore scored the game-winning touchdown after Sinorice Moss scored the game-tying touchdown in regulation with 30 seconds remaining.
· Miami leads the all-time series 29-20.
· The winning team in the series has had more penalies in 13 of the last 19 games.
· Miami is 7-0 in games that were decided by three points or less.
· Florida State has won more games since 1990 than any other team in the country.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #74 Eric Winston RB #30 Tyrone Moss LG #68 Tyler McMeans FB #23 Quadtrine Hill C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #83 Sinorice Moss RG #72 Andrew Bain WR #85 Ryan Moore RT #64 Rashad Butler TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Derron Thomas, FB James Bryant, WR Lance Leggett, WR Darnell Jenkins, CB Devin Hester, TE Buck Ortega, OL Tony Tella,
Keep your eye on: RB Derron Thomas who could provide a big play out of the backfield.
LE #95 Bryan Pata CB #22 Kelly Jennings LT #98 Baraka Atkins CB #24 Marcus Maxey RT #92 Orien Harris FS #26 Anthony Reddick RE #90 Thomas Carroll SS #5 Greg Threat WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #44 Leon Williams SLB #52 Tavares GoodenOther Key Players: DE Calais Campbell, DE Javon Nanton, DT Kareem Brown, LB Roger McIntosh, LB Romeo Davis, LB Willie Williams, CB Devin Hester, S Brandon Meriweather
Keep your eye on: CB Devin Hester in nickel situations could score from any point on the field whenever he touches the ball.
HURRICANES QB Kyle Wright 1st career start, 30 yards passing RB Tyrone Moss Career: 956 yards 11 TD WR Sinorice Moss 2004: 20 receptions 351 yards 3 TD WR Ryan Moore 2003: 44 receptions 637 yards 3 TD CB Kelly Jennings 29 career starts SS Greg Threat 2004: 136 tackles, 3 interceptions KR Devin Hester 5 career returns for TD K Jon Peattie Career: 37-52 FG 82-82 XP SEMINOLES QB Drew Weatherford 1st career start, 0 pass attempts RB Leon Washington 2004: 951 yards 6.9 avg 7 TD RB Lorenzo Booker 2004: 887 yards 5.1 avg 4 TD WR Willie Reid Career: 732 total yards 5 TD LB A.J. Nicholson 2004: Led team in tackles with 88 LB Ernie Sims 2004: Led team in solo tackles with 41 FS Pat Watkins 7 career interceptions K Gary Cismesia Career: 7-9 FG 4-4 XP
When Miami has the ball…
RB Tyrone Moss vs. FSU Linebackers
With all the talk about Wright making his first career start in a hostile environment, but it will be up to Moss to carry the load. He has only 38 yards on 23 carries in his career against Florida State--a team he grew up rooting for. Moss has lost 15 pounds and has improved his quickness. But now it is up to him to take on the talented and fast linebackers at Florida State. The target rushing total for the 'Canes is 120 yards. If they get there, they should have a good chance to win.
When Florida State has the ball…
QB Drew Weatherford vs. Miami Secondary
Weatherford has been doing well in fall practices and with Xavier Lee dealing with a shoulder injury he was awarded the starting position. Now it is up to him to make the most of this opportunity. He has to show good patience and not be afraid to throw dump-off passes or throw the ball away to avoid sacks or interceptions. The Miami secondary has six key guys returning, but will need to play like they did the majority of the season as opposed to their tough three-game stretch from last season.
· OL Tony Tella - Probable (ankle)
· LB Roger McIntosh - Probable (knee)
· DB Brandon Meriweather - Probable (hamstring)
· CB Devin Hester - Probable (toe)
· OL Derrick Morse - Out (fractured shoulder)
· RB Andrew Johnson - Out (ACL)
· DT Teraz McCray - Out for season (ACL)
· CB Glenn Sharpe - Out for season (ACL)
· CB Carlos Armour - Out for season (ACL)
NEXT GAME - September 17 at Clemson.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor for CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com