The team began preparations for the game against Clemson as they practiced under loud speakers that were blasting the Clemson fight song to prepare them for the noise in Death Valley.
Death Valley is known as the toughest place to play in the ACC and will be extremely loud Saturday afternoon. On Tyrone Moss
"It's been a crazy weekend of football. A number of teams in the Top 25 lost yesterday. It's nice to move up in the rankings when you don't play. Some of the teams looked pretty darn good and others looked really bad. It's going to be a strange year. I can really sense that."
"Clemon's quarterback made the plays to win the game. Their receivers made some plays and their running back made plays. On defense, they run to the ball well. The big thing is they believe they can win in the fourth quarter if they need to."
· OL Eric Winston is one of the captains on the team and against Florida State he played his first game since October 2, 2004. "He wasn't bad," Coker said. "He got beat a coupe of times, played pretty well overall. We had a 100-yard rusher and 200-yard passer. I think it was good for us, but as the season progresses, he'll get better."
· RB Tyrone Moss rushed for 102 yards against Florida State recording his fourth career 100-yard game. "I thought he had a good half against Florida State," Coker said. "I think we used him too much. Probably should have rested him more in the first half cause he got a little tired in the second half. But he's made tremendous progress."
· RB Charlie Jones is eligible to play in the game against Clemson. He only had to sit out a half due to being ejected in the Florida State game. Since he was ejected in the first half, he does not have to sit out during the Clemson game. Jones carried the ball six times as a freshman last year.
· LB Tavares Gooden has been ruled out for the Clemson game with a shoulder or arm injury. He was in a sling along the sidelines. A timetable for his return is unknown at this point.
· DT Baraka Atkins has what Coker calls a knee "bruise". He is expected to resume practice this week.
· OL Derrick Morse is still out with a fracured shoulder. He is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
· RB Andrew Johnson is still recovering from an ACL injury he suffered last December. Johnson could be cleared to practice within a month, but it is still unsure whether or not he will play this season or redshirt and come back next year as a sophomore.
· FS Anthony Reddick, CB Glenn Sharpe, DT Teraz McCray, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All four will miss the 2005 season.
Tuesday, September 13 at 3:20 p.m.
Rudy Rodriguez-Chomat is a Staff Writer with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at email@example.com