"We had a lot of fun today. Guys flew around and we had an excellent practice. We need to still get better in some areas, but I like where we are right now."
· RB Derron Thomas and RB Charlie Jones are continuing to get a number of reps with the first team and are expected to carry the ball against Clemson. In their careers, the two roommates have combined for a total of 10 carries. Coker still feels they need to rest Tyrone Moss more and he likes what he sees from Thomas and Jones.
· QB Kyle Wright is throwing a lot of designed rollouts this fall and today was no exception. When Wright rolls out, primarily to his right, the team likes to set-up two options towards the sideline for him in the passing game. Typcially a fullback will be the short man and either a tight end or receiver will be about 15 yards down the field. Look for the team to continue to utilize this set play to give Wright freedom to make a play.
· The starting linebackers are WLB Jon Beason, MLB Romeo Davis, and SLB Roger McIntosh.
· LB Romeo Davis started last game, but LB Leon Williams got the most reps in the middle. Both players combined for a total of two tackles in the game.
· RB Tyrone Moss practiced in every drill, but not as many reps as he would if he was not injured. He still claims it was a bruise as does Coker. He expects to start Saturday and Coker said he will start assuming he is healthy. "He ran around well and carried the ball a lot," Coker said. He didn't have a noticeable limp or anything. We'll see how he feels after practice and after tomorrow's practice. I don't have any doubt that he will play."
· DT Baraka Atkins practiced well today and Coker was happy with his progress. "He wanted to participate in everything, but we held him out of some things," Coker said. He is still expected to play, but might not start in favor of Kareem Brown.
· LB Tavares Gooden is out for the Clemson game with a shoulder injury he suffered in the first game against Florida State. A timetable for his return is unknown at this point.
· OL Derrick Morse is still out with a fracured shoulder. He is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
· RB Andrew Johnson is still recovering from an ACL injury he suffered last December. Johnson could be cleared to practice within a month, but it is still unsure whether or not he will play this season or redshirt and come back next year as a sophomore.
· FS Anthony Reddick, DT Teraz McCray, CB Glenn Sharpe, and CB Carlos Armour are not practicing and are still recovering from ACL injuries. All four will miss the 2005 season.
Thursday, September 15 at 3:20 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org