· DATE: Saturday, September 24 TIME: 12:00 p.m. TV: ABC
· Colorado leads the all-time series 5-2.
· Miami won the last game between the two schools in 1993 with a 35-29 victory at Colorado.
· This is the third straight game Miami has faced an opponent without a loss.
· Colorado is currently ranked 32nd in the AP Poll, which is the same spot they finished in 2004.
· The Buffaloes have 14 plays of 20-plus yards on offense and the Hurricanes have nine plays of 20-plus yards led by Tyrone Moss and Greg Olsen who have three each.
QB #3 Kyle Wright LT #74 Eric Winston RB #30 Tyrone Moss LG #68 Tyler McMeans FB #23 Quadtrine Hill C #78 Anthony Wollschlager WR #85 Ryan Moore RG #61 Tony Tella WR #83 Sinorice Moss RT #64 Rashad Butler TE #82 Greg OlsenOther Key Players: QB Kirby Freeman, RB Derron Thomas, RB Charlie Jones, FB James Bryant, WR Lance Leggett, WR Darnell Jenkins, CB Devin Hester, TE Buck Ortega, OL Andrew Bain
Keep your eye on: Leggett, he has just one catch this season for minus-eight yards, but the coaches want to get him more involved.
LE #95 Bryan Pata CB #22 Kelly Jennings LT #98 Baraka Atkins CB #24 Marcus Maxey RT #92 Orien Harris FS #1 Kenny Phillips RE #90 Thomas Carroll SS #19 Brandon Meriweather WLB #2 Jon Beason MLB #51 Romeo Davis SLB #50 Roger McIntoshOther Key Players: DE Calais Campbell, DE Javon Nanton, DT Kareem Brown, LB Willie Williams, LB Leon Williams, CB Devin Hester, SS Greg Threat
Keep your eye on: Cambell who is from Colorado and grew up a big Buffaloes fan. At 6-foot-8 and 265 pounds he provides a lot of mismatch problems.
HURRICANES QB Kyle Wright 384 yards 59% 2 TD 2 INT RB Tyrone Moss 241 yards 4.5 avg 3 TD WR Ryan Moore 7 receptions 123 yards 1 TD TE Greg Olsen 10 receptions 146 yards 0 TD LB Jon Beason 13 tackles, 2 for loss SS Brandon Meriweather 17 tackles, 1 fumble recovery KR Devin Hester 21.3 KR, 5.5 PR, 41 rush yards K Jon Peattie 3-5 FG 4-4 XP BUFFALOES QB Joel Klatt 469 yards 69% 2 TD 1 INT RB Hugh Charles 206 yards 5.7 avg 2 TD RB Lawrence Vickers 82 total yards 5.4 avg 4 total TD TE Joe Klopfenstein 6 receptions 100 yards 0 TD S Tyrone Henderson 15 tackles S J.J. Billingsley 15 tackles 1 INT LB Thaddaeus Washington 13 tackles K Mason Crosby 5-6 FG 6-6 XP
When Miami has the ball…
RB Tyrone Moss vs. MLB Thaddeaus Washington
Moss (5-9/220) has been the focal point of the Miami offense this season and is coming off a 139-yard, 3-touchdown effort against Clemson. Washington (5-11/240) is looking forward to going up against the power back from Pompano Beach, Fla. Last season Washington recorded 102 tackles and squatted 567 pounds in the spring. It is a classic battle of power vs. power.
When Colorado has the ball…
QB Joel Klatt vs. LB Roger McIntosh
Klatt's top target this season is his tight end and with McIntosh playing the strongside linebacker position he will be matched up against up. Last week against Clemson, McIntosh was out of position on a touchdown thrown to a tight end and you have to believe the Colorado coaching staff took note of that. Klatt is a senior with 5,481 yards, 34 touchdowns, and 26 interceptions in his career. McIntosh leads all Miami players with 189 career tackles.
· LB Tavares Gooden - Out (shoulder)
· OL Derrick Morse - Out (shoulder)
· RB Andrew Johnson - Out (ACL)
· FS Anthony Reddick - Out for season (ACL)
· DT Teraz McCray - Out for season (ACL)
· CB Glenn Sharpe - Out for season (ACL)
· CB Carlos Armour - Out for season (ACL)
NEXT GAME - October 1 vs South Florida, 8:00 p.m.
Christopher Stock is a Senior Writer & Assistant Editor with CanesTime and can be contacted by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org